cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Reply
CalleHagen2022
New Member

Power Automate - Filter Array - Problem with Umlauts?

Hey guys, 

 

It's my first post here and English is not my main language so please excuse some spelling and mistakes. Ive got a problem with access just recently. I often use the "Filter Array" function for quick filtering for special words, values and so on. About a month ago some of my flow didn't work quite right.

 

These flow use the "Filter Array" to filter out some files out of a library with the help of the item ('{Name}') property. So my basic filter function looks like this:

 

image.png

 

So now the problem..

These files, mostly contain umlauts like ä, ü, ö. If I write these strings like "A- Büro" myself inside the filter Array it work like I used to. (Pic 1)

 

image.png

 

Buuuut if I get these filenames right out of the trigger body () it doesn't work (Pic 2).

 

image.png

 

Maybe it is some localization failure?

I tried to replace () these umlauts, but I don't work.

 

Some got the same or similar failure?

 

 

 

 

5 REPLIES 5
okeks
Super User
Super User

For testing you could add 2 compose actions and put in one the left side of the condition and in the other one the right side. Then you can see what it tries to compare.

Flury
Frequent Visitor

I had the exact same problem and in the end solved it like this. Your action "Get files (property only) also has a hidden property called Link or Link to item. Luckily it is already in UTF-8 compatible format. "büro.xls" will be written as "bu%CC%88ro.xls". So I already have a UTF-8 compatibel string for the left side of the filter array. For the right side, all I needed to do is to replace all umlauts (and other special characters with the UTF-8 equivalent. 
Screen Shot 2022-10-14 at 23.39.28.pngFor this I created two arrays at the start of my flow. One to hold the umlauts (including a space, which should be converted to %20). And another one of the same size for the UTF-8 encoded equivalent. 
Before doing the filter array, I needed to clean up the search string with a loop that iterates over all special characters and replaces all illegal characters.
Screen Shot 2022-10-14 at 23.50.22.png

range(0,sub(length(outputs('IllegalChars')),1))

replace(variables('searchStringWithUmlauts'),outputs('IllegalChars')[items('charIterator')],outputs('ReplacementChars')[items('charIterator')])

At the end of this loop, the variable searchStringWithUmlauts is cleaned up and can be compared against the link property. Don't forget to initialize the string variable and set it before starting that loop. 
Screen Shot 2022-10-14 at 23.51.24.png
 

Hey,

 

Thanks for your reply. I will test it.

I wasn't wrong that it worked earlier, was I?

 

 

Hey,

 

I already did that. The Output was, like I thought, the right String. I Guess the Backend does have another view of the variables. 😕

Flury
Frequent Visitor

Please mark my answer above as "Accept as Solution". 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Automate News & Announcements

Power Automate News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Automate community.

Community Calls Conversations

Community Calls Conversations

A great place where you can stay up to date with community calls and interact with the speakers.

Power Automate Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Users online (1,668)