cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mechilletorres
Frequent Visitor

Power Automate Flow Triggered when New files are added in a Sharepoint Folder creates Multiple Emails based on the no. of Files loaded in the Folder

Hello,

Please help- I have created this flow from a YT Video and followed everything in the flow.  I was able to create and replicate it but my flow is creating multiple emails.  The number of emails released is based on the no. of files that is placed in the folder.  So if I place 5 files in the folder, I am also getting 5 the same emails having the same attachments (5 files attached).

2022-05-24 15_44_56-Edit your flow _ Power Automate.jpg2022-05-24 15_46_04-Edit your flow _ Power Automate.jpg2022-05-24 15_46_37-Edit your flow _ Power Automate.jpg

Is there a way to fix this? thank you

    

1 REPLY 1
Rhiassuring
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Well, your flow is definitely doing what it is being told to do at the moment - every time you load a file, in that folder, it's going to send an email. But! You already know this.

So your requirement is to send an email for all files uploaded - I get that - but, ask yourself this:

How will the flow know when you're done uploading files, and you're ready to send out an email containing all attachments from within the folder?

• Is it after a certain # of files have been uploaded?
  • After a certain time period?
  • After the folder is flagged?

Tell me that, and then we'll get you to the next step! Or, if you want recommendations, we can do that too.

R

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

MPA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

Power Automate Designer Feedback_carousel.jpg

Help make Flow Design easier

Are you new to designing flows? What is your biggest struggle with Power Automate Designer? Help us make it more user friendly!

Users online (2,023)