Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Microsoft
Microsoft

Power Automate (Flow) for 4+ Approvers

Hi All,

Looking for some guidance as I'm running into a more than 8 nested values issues and I'm trying to figure out the best way to organize my flow to get around this. 

Currently my Flow triggers off a SharePoint list (when a new item is added) and here are the steps:

1. Condition: Identifies which request type 

2. Condition: Identifies which department

3. First Approver

4. If Yes > moves to Approval #2 

5. If Yes > moves to Approval #3 and updates SharePoint with Approval Date and Updates the Status

After Step 5 I need another layer of Approval so I need a total of 4 approvals. This is the point where the 'nested values' error comes up and I can no longer add the condition of Yes or No. 

I've looked into options to get around this and can't find anything. Has anyone had a situation with more than 3 approvers that also involves updating statuses and pushing approval dates to SharePoint? How did you get around this? Is the HTTP calling the right option? Does anyone have examples of that?

Thanks in advance for your help!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Dual Super User III
Dual Super User III

There is no particular reason you need to Nest all the approvals inside the one above.  If you create a variable, or one for each approval outcome, then you can pull the approvals out from under each other and run them in a serial fashion.  See the attached design.

screenshot.png

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Dual Super User III
Dual Super User III

There is no particular reason you need to Nest all the approvals inside the one above.  If you create a variable, or one for each approval outcome, then you can pull the approvals out from under each other and run them in a serial fashion.  See the attached design.

screenshot.png

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Thank you for explaining this so clearly! It worked perfectly. Thank you!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (11,595)