cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Power Automate Flow is running on Owner Account

Hi, 

I am using Power Automate Flow on SharePoint List to update the Status in SharePoint List. When Flow is triggered it is using owner account to run the flow instead of User Account. Is this the General behavior of Power Automate or i need to configure any setting to run it with User Account.

TIA.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Dual Super User III
Dual Super User III

Hi @Websyn 

In that case, you cannot configure the connections for the user that is modifying/ creating the item and run the flow in their context. The flow will always run on the connection of the owner of the flow. 

Hope this Helps!

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Dual Super User III
Dual Super User III

Hi @Websyn 

Can you share details on the type of the trigger you are using? 

For example, if the trigger is an automated one: "When an item is created or modified" this one runs on the connection of the owner of the flow only. The user connection cannot be configured here. 

If the trigger is a manual type: "For a selected File" for this you can configure run as users from the flow details page and then configure the connections that are provided for each action (it can be configured to the users connection or the owners connection)

Hope this Helps!

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

Highlighted

Hi @yashag2255 ,

I am using Automated Flow i.e When an item is created or modified in the list flow will be triggered.

Highlighted
Dual Super User III
Dual Super User III

Hi @Websyn 

In that case, you cannot configure the connections for the user that is modifying/ creating the item and run the flow in their context. The flow will always run on the connection of the owner of the flow. 

Hope this Helps!

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Hi @Websyn 

If you can't afford to see all fields are updated by system or flow owner account (audit trail) then your other option is HTTP REST API Post updates. 

http://johnliu.net/blog/2019/2/flowninja-hack-78-modifying-modified-by-and-modified-time-with-micros...

Thanks

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Learn more from my blog

Power Automate Video Tutorials

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

Users online (8,529)