cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Power Automate - Forward email when an email is received

Hello, 

Currently Power BI is generating a daily report automatically and sending a link for the report to me.  I want to be able to take e-mail that I get from Power BI and forward it to the same people.  I used one of the templates that were available (attached) and the template works.  But there is one step that I know I am missing.

Power Automate continues to recognize the same e-mail as new and creates a loop so that the same e-mail is continuously being forwarded.  How can I set it so that the original e-mail is only recognized once per day?

If somebody could provide guidance I would appreciate it. 

Thank you . 

PowerBI2.JPGPowerBI1.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Dual Super User III
Dual Super User III

Re: Power Automate - Forward email when an email is received

Hi

I assume the email address the original email comes from is different from your email address (i.e. the one used to forward the email). Is this assumption correct? If so, you can add some additional filters to the initial trigger (i.e. by adding Power BI source email to the 'From' input of the trigger). This way, even if you 'forward' this email to other colleagues including yourself, the flow will not enter a neverending loop.

Anyway, not sure I understood the sequence of cards you've defined in your flow. In your screenshots I see a trigger called 'When a new email arrives'. Is it placed at the beginning of the flow? Or, are you using another trigger to execute the flow, and added 'When a new email arrives' as a second trigger after 'Move email' action block?

Hope this helps

Hope this helps

Each time you click on any of our inspiring answers 'Thumb up' icon...
...an ewok scapes from the stormtroopers.

Be grateful, Thumbs up! Save the Galaxy for free!

Escribo sobre Power Automate en:
https://medium.com/anyone-can-automate/

Proud to be a Flownaut!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Dual Super User III
Dual Super User III

Hi

I assume the email address the original email comes from is different from your email address (i.e. the one used to forward the email). Is this assumption correct? If so, you can add some additional filters to the initial trigger (i.e. by adding Power BI source email to the 'From' input of the trigger). This way, even if you 'forward' this email to other colleagues including yourself, the flow will not enter a neverending loop.

Anyway, not sure I understood the sequence of cards you've defined in your flow. In your screenshots I see a trigger called 'When a new email arrives'. Is it placed at the beginning of the flow? Or, are you using another trigger to execute the flow, and added 'When a new email arrives' as a second trigger after 'Move email' action block?

Hope this helps

Hope this helps

Each time you click on any of our inspiring answers 'Thumb up' icon...
...an ewok scapes from the stormtroopers.

Be grateful, Thumbs up! Save the Galaxy for free!

Escribo sobre Power Automate en:
https://medium.com/anyone-can-automate/

Proud to be a Flownaut!

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Hello, 
Yes the 'when a new email arrives' card is a the beginning.  Sorry It looks like the two screen shots got jumbled.

I will try your suggestion and circle back. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Super User Program Update

Three Super User rank tiers have been launched!

firstImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

Top Solution Authors
Users online (9,320)