cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MaxThomas

Power Automate Gateway Domain

HI,

I am trying to trtigger a Desktop flow using manual trigger. I have my flow created on Power Automate Desktop, and I have created the gateway for my PC.

When I try and build the trigger flow I can't get past the gateway log in for the desktop flow. I belive I need a domain name, but I have no idea what this is. I've put in my username and my password. i've tried the passowrd for my account and also the gateway password but neither work.

Can someone help me with what info I should put in this secion. I have got my gateway name on the drop down and have removed it for the screen shot.

MaxThomas_0-1634815589317.png

@BadGateway 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Well, are you in one of this situations?

If your device runs Windows 10 Home, you can use Power Automate to create your desktop flows and monitor them on Power Automate. You can't trigger desktop flows to run from the cloud on Windows 10 Home devices. Other types of desktop flows (Windows recorder V1 and Selenium IDE) are not supported.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-automate/desktop-flows/setup 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
gabibalaban
Super User
Super User

@MaxThomas ,

If you correctly installed the gateway on your computer, and use in power automate with the same user as the gateway registered, you will see the installed gateway name on drop down (gateway name).

For domain/user and password - here you will need to use the credentials for the computer including the domain where the computer is registered like domain\username or you can use a local user (on the station) using .\username.

MaxThomas

Hi,

Thanks,

Yes the computer is listed on the drop down I only removed it for the screen shot.

Where do I find the domain. It is my personal computer. I can not see anything in the gateway app that says Domain and I'm not hosted on a company computer where I would know it's local domain name. 

I tried .\MyUsername but this also did not work

Well, are you in one of this situations?

If your device runs Windows 10 Home, you can use Power Automate to create your desktop flows and monitor them on Power Automate. You can't trigger desktop flows to run from the cloud on Windows 10 Home devices. Other types of desktop flows (Windows recorder V1 and Selenium IDE) are not supported.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-automate/desktop-flows/setup 

View solution in original post

MaxThomas

I am running Windows 11 Home so yes that will be the reason I can't create it. I couldn't see anywhere that said I needed the upgrade.

Thank you for the help. I will upgrade and try again.

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Users online (3,274)