cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Michael_Anton_F
Frequent Visitor

Power Automate - Get item from List not retrieving Lookup Column

Hi,

I am trying to get the ID of the item in a List LookUp column. According to this guide, when I use get items on a list with lookups like this:

Michael_Anton_F_1-1631875380375.png

It should return me the Company:ID as a field.... but it doesn't. There is no trace of the linked column when I run the flow.

How do I get LookUp columns to show up?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Expiscornovus
Super User
Super User

Hi @Michael_Anton_F,

How did you configure that lookup column? Did you by any chance used the Title (linked to item) instead of the Title field?

If so, can you change that setup to use the Title instead. You don't need the link to item. The lookup will create the link itself.

titlelinkedtoitem_lookup.png

I can reproduce your behaviour with the link to item field. It doesn't like that field 😁

When you use the Title field it should show the lookup columns.

companyid_lookup.png

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Expiscornovus
Super User
Super User

Hi @Michael_Anton_F,

How did you configure that lookup column? Did you by any chance used the Title (linked to item) instead of the Title field?

If so, can you change that setup to use the Title instead. You don't need the link to item. The lookup will create the link itself.

titlelinkedtoitem_lookup.png

I can reproduce your behaviour with the link to item field. It doesn't like that field 😁

When you use the Title field it should show the lookup columns.

companyid_lookup.png

View solution in original post

Michael_Anton_F
Frequent Visitor

Your solution ultimately worked. Only that it didn't seem to. Only when I opened "Compose" modul, did it show. But then it showed up everywhere...

Thanks so much

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Users online (1,936)