cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JoshuaSitler

Power Automate, Outlook options, Response Function, Mail message parameter

Hello, Full disclosure: I'm a newer user. Goal: Using Power Automate's Outlook options, I'm trying to forward emails with certain keywords in the subject line to specific partners. Challenge: I use the retrieve function to retrieve emails based on keywords, which creates associated variables. Then, when I try to then use the respond function based on the variable from the retrieve function, I get stuck on the 'Mail Message' parameter. It tells me I must use a variable from the retrieve function, but then the drop-down menu for 'Mail message' doesn't show anything (variable or otherwise), contrary to what the info box suggests. I didn't find anything helpful online (yet) after a fair amount of searching. Help would be appreciated! If I can figure this out, it'll help myself and other org colleagues adopt this technology 🙂

2 REPLIES 2
jinivthakkar
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

@JoshuaSitler have you started building the flow already ? please can you post images of your flow so we can understand what you are trying to build?

JoshuaSitler

Hi @jinivthakkar - sorry for delay.  Here are two pictures.Capture.JPG

Mail Message parameter held up even though I do have a retrieve variable...Mail Message parameter held up even though I do have a retrieve variable...

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

MBAS on Demand

Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions

On-demand access to all the great content presented by the product teams and community members! #MSBizAppsSummit #CommunityRocks

MBAS Attendee Badge

Claim Your Badge & Digital Swag!

Check out how to claim yours today!

secondImage

Are Your Ready?

Test your skills now with the Cloud Skill Challenge.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (48,470)