cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TerjeFR
Regular Visitor

Power Automate + Power Apps: Getting Json with "Ask in PowerApps" doesn't work in the flow, but if pasted in a compose, it works

Hello

Anyone else experienced that the Json with "Ask in PowerApps" doesn't work in the flow, but if pasted in as compose, it works?

I'm taking a gallery on Power Apps, making a JSON in "OnSelect" on a button and importing it in the flow to populate an excel file with a table.

Overview of flow:

TerjeFR_0-1663851835714.png

With "Ask in Powerapps":

TerjeFR_1-1663851874945.png

With the "Ask in PowerApps" output written to a .txt file and pasted instead:

TerjeFR_2-1663851986943.png

Why does the pasted JSON work, but when i try to do it directly, it doesn't do the same thing? 🙂

When I do it directly, it creates the excel file and the table, but table is empty. When run with the pasted JSON, the table is full.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
TerjeFR
Regular Visitor

I think I've found the error. The HTML / Excel table needs jo have the content from Power Apps inside a JSON code:

json("Content from Power Apps")

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
annajhaveri
Community Champion
Community Champion

@TerjeFR  can you take both the json, from one PowerApps (from flow run) and one from compose action and provide the json here?

Regards,
Anna Jhaveri

If I have answered your question, please mark the post as Solved to help other users to identify the correct answer
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.
TerjeFR
Regular Visitor

The JSON that gets created from Power Apps is the same JSON that i pasted manually. The only difference is the method of how the flow gets the JSON provided. In theory it should be the same, but I don't know if I have to make any additional steps to get the JSON I get directly from Power Apps to work the same way.

From Power Apps, creating the JSON to import:

ForAll(Gallery1.AllItems,Collect(colDataExported,{
    Kontrollobjekt: ThisRecord.QaRecordName,
    Link: ThisRecord.DocumentLink,
    Sjekkliste: ThisRecord.ChecklistID,
    EKstatus: ThisRecord.SubmissionID.StatusEK,
    EKsign: ThisRecord.SubmissionID.SignEK,
    EKdato: ThisRecord.SubmissionID.DateEK,
    EKkontrolldokument: ThisRecord.DocumentationEK,
    SKstatus: ThisRecord.SubmissionID.StatusSK,
    SKsign: ThisRecord.SubmissionID.SignSK,
    SKdato: ThisRecord.SubmissionID.DateSK,
    SKkontrolldokument: ThisRecord.DocumentationSK,
    Godkjentstatus: ThisRecord.StatusApproval,
    Godkjentsign: ThisRecord.SignatureApproval,
    Godkjentdato: ThisRecord.DateApproval
    }));

EksporttilExcelMalv2.Run("", "", "", JSON(colDataExported,JSONFormat.IncludeBinaryData & JSONFormat.IgnoreUnsupportedTypes));

Clear(colDataExported);

The JSON that is created, and works when pasted, but not directly:

[{"EKdato":"2022-09-20","EKkontrolldokument":"www.bygg.no","EKsign":"jgro","EKstatus":3,"Godkjentdato":"2022-09-15","Godkjentsign":"TFR","Godkjentstatus":"Signert","Kontrollobjekt":"1111111111111111","Link":"www.bygg.no","SKdato":"2022-09-20","SKkontrolldokument":"www.bygg.no","SKsign":"jgro","SKstatus":3,"Sjekkliste":"BK10"},{"EKdato":"2022-09-02","EKkontrolldokument":null,"EKsign":"jgro","EKstatus":3,"Godkjentdato":null,"Godkjentsign":null,"Godkjentstatus":null,"Kontrollobjekt":"2222222222222222","Link":null,"SKdato":null,"SKkontrolldokument":null,"SKsign":null,"SKstatus":null,"Sjekkliste":"BK21"},{"EKdato":"2022-09-02","EKkontrolldokument":null,"EKsign":"jgro","EKstatus":3,"Godkjentdato":null,"Godkjentsign":null,"Godkjentstatus":null,"Kontrollobjekt":"3333333333333333","Link":null,"SKdato":null,"SKkontrolldokument":null,"SKsign":null,"SKstatus":null,"Sjekkliste":"BK31"},{"EKdato":null,"EKkontrolldokument":null,"EKsign":null,"EKstatus":1,"Godkjentdato":null,"Godkjentsign":null,"Godkjentstatus":null,"Kontrollobjekt":"4444444","Link":null,"SKdato":null,"SKkontrolldokument":null,"SKsign":null,"SKstatus":4,"Sjekkliste":"BK81"},{"EKdato":null,"EKkontrolldokument":null,"EKsign":null,"EKstatus":null,"Godkjentdato":null,"Godkjentsign":null,"Godkjentstatus":null,"Kontrollobjekt":"Femte kontroll","Link":null,"SKdato":null,"SKkontrolldokument":null,"SKsign":null,"SKstatus":null,"Sjekkliste":"BK82"},{"EKdato":null,"EKkontrolldokument":null,"EKsign":null,"EKstatus":null,"Godkjentdato":null,"Godkjentsign":null,"Godkjentstatus":null,"Kontrollobjekt":"Spesialkontroll","Link":null,"SKdato":null,"SKkontrolldokument":null,"SKsign":null,"SKstatus":null,"Sjekkliste":"BK40"},{"EKdato":null,"EKkontrolldokument":null,"EKsign":null,"EKstatus":null,"Godkjentdato":null,"Godkjentsign":null,"Godkjentstatus":null,"Kontrollobjekt":"BK 41 kontroll","Link":null,"SKdato":null,"SKkontrolldokument":null,"SKsign":null,"SKstatus":null,"Sjekkliste":"BK41"},{"EKdato":null,"EKkontrolldokument":null,"EKsign":null,"EKstatus":null,"Godkjentdato":null,"Godkjentsign":null,"Godkjentstatus":null,"Kontrollobjekt":"Kontroll 100","Link":null,"SKdato":null,"SKkontrolldokument":null,"SKsign":null,"SKstatus":null,"Sjekkliste":"BK42-1"},{"EKdato":null,"EKkontrolldokument":null,"EKsign":null,"EKstatus":null,"Godkjentdato":null,"Godkjentsign":null,"Godkjentstatus":null,"Kontrollobjekt":"Kontroll 100","Link":null,"SKdato":null,"SKkontrolldokument":null,"SKsign":null,"SKstatus":null,"Sjekkliste":"BK42-2"},{"EKdato":null,"EKkontrolldokument":null,"EKsign":null,"EKstatus":null,"Godkjentdato":null,"Godkjentsign":null,"Godkjentstatus":null,"Kontrollobjekt":"Ny kontroll","Link":null,"SKdato":null,"SKkontrolldokument":null,"SKsign":null,"SKstatus":null,"Sjekkliste":"BK42-3"},{"EKdato":null,"EKkontrolldokument":null,"EKsign":null,"EKstatus":null,"Godkjentdato":null,"Godkjentsign":null,"Godkjentstatus":null,"Kontrollobjekt":"Ny kontroll","Link":null,"SKdato":null,"SKkontrolldokument":null,"SKsign":null,"SKstatus":null,"Sjekkliste":"BK43-1"},{"EKdato":null,"EKkontrolldokument":null,"EKsign":null,"EKstatus":null,"Godkjentdato":null,"Godkjentsign":null,"Godkjentstatus":null,"Kontrollobjekt":"Ny kontroll","Link":null,"SKdato":null,"SKkontrolldokument":null,"SKsign":null,"SKstatus":null,"Sjekkliste":"BK43-2"},{"EKdato":null,"EKkontrolldokument":null,"EKsign":null,"EKstatus":null,"Godkjentdato":null,"Godkjentsign":null,"Godkjentstatus":null,"Kontrollobjekt":"Ny kontroll","Link":null,"SKdato":null,"SKkontrolldokument":null,"SKsign":null,"SKstatus":null,"Sjekkliste":"BK40"},{"EKdato":null,"EKkontrolldokument":null,"EKsign":null,"EKstatus":null,"Godkjentdato":null,"Godkjentsign":null,"Godkjentstatus":null,"Kontrollobjekt":"Ny kontroll","Link":null,"SKdato":null,"SKkontrolldokument":null,"SKsign":null,"SKstatus":null,"Sjekkliste":null},{"EKdato":null,"EKkontrolldokument":null,"EKsign":null,"EKstatus":null,"Godkjentdato":null,"Godkjentsign":null,"Godkjentstatus":null,"Kontrollobjekt":"Ny kontroll","Link":null,"SKdato":null,"SKkontrolldokument":null,"SKsign":null,"SKstatus":null,"Sjekkliste":null},{"EKdato":null,"EKkontrolldokument":null,"EKsign":null,"EKstatus":null,"Godkjentdato":null,"Godkjentsign":null,"Godkjentstatus":null,"Kontrollobjekt":"Ny kontroll","Link":null,"SKdato":null,"SKkontrolldokument":null,"SKsign":null,"SKstatus":null,"Sjekkliste":null}]

With JSON directly:

TerjeFR_0-1663915426027.png

Directly from "Ask in PowerApps":

TerjeFR_1-1663915467105.png

TerjeFR
Regular Visitor

The same happens when i try to create an HTML that i convert into PDF. Everything works if I paste JSON into the

Power Automate flow, but when I try to have it imported directly from Power Apps - Gallery, I get nothing.

Is there a simple fix I can't see? 🙂

Power Automate flow:

TerjeFR_0-1664348598539.png

JSON created from Power Apps Gallery:

ForAll(Gallery1.AllItems,Collect(colDataExported,{
    Kontrollobjekt: ThisRecord.QaRecordName,
    Link: ThisRecord.DocumentLink,
    Sjekkliste: ThisRecord.ChecklistID,
    EKstatus: ThisRecord.SubmissionID.StatusEK,
    EKsign: ThisRecord.SubmissionID.SignEK,
    EKdato: ThisRecord.SubmissionID.DateEK,
    EKkontrolldokument: ThisRecord.DocumentationEK,
    SKstatus: ThisRecord.SubmissionID.StatusSK,
    SKsign: ThisRecord.SubmissionID.SignSK,
    SKdato: ThisRecord.SubmissionID.DateSK,
    SKkontrolldokument: ThisRecord.DocumentationSK,
    Godkjentstatus: ThisRecord.StatusApproval,
    Godkjentsign: ThisRecord.SignatureApproval,
    Godkjentdato: ThisRecord.DateApproval
    }));

EksporttilPDFviaHTML.Run(JSON(colDataExported,JSONFormat.IncludeBinaryData & JSONFormat.IgnoreUnsupportedTypes));

Clear(colDataExported);

TerjeFR
Regular Visitor

I think I've found the error. The HTML / Excel table needs jo have the content from Power Apps inside a JSON code:

json("Content from Power Apps")

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Users online (4,182)