cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Power Automate: Rename Document Set

Hello everybody,

as the title explains, I am looking for a way to rename a document set with the process of renaming changing the relative server URL.

I know this has been asked before, but the solutions dont work 100% for me.

I have tried these solutions:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Building-Flows/Renaming-a-SharePoint-Folder-or-Document-Set/td-p...

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Building-Flows/Renaming-a-SharePoint-Folder-or-Document-Set/m-p/...

Both solutions use a HTTP-Request to the REST-API and so do I :

_api/web/GetFolderByServerRelativeUrl('<ListName>/<SetName>')//ListItemAllFields (I have to use 2 / compared to the solutions)

The HTTP-Request itself is working, but it is not changing the name of the document set or its relative URL. I try to avoid the easy solution of copying the Document Set with another name and deleting the old one, because I want to take track of the versions. If I look in the APIs calls, I can see, that the title has changed but not its name, or its path.

Is there any possibility, that there is a REST-API call, that can archieve this?

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Super User II
Super User II

Re: Power Automate: Rename Document Set

Hello @_max 

I know it can be done as I am doing it in one of my flows. See the screenshot of the REST call that I am using. The folder (document set) name change updates the "FileLeafRef" property, which is the actual filename of the folder.

Flow.REST.rename folder.png

Kind regards, John

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Super User II
Super User II

Hello @_max 

I know it can be done as I am doing it in one of my flows. See the screenshot of the REST call that I am using. The folder (document set) name change updates the "FileLeafRef" property, which is the actual filename of the folder.

Flow.REST.rename folder.png

Kind regards, John

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Hello @JohnAageAnderse ,

thank you very much! This helped me a lot.

Kind regards,

Max

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

Upcoming Events

Experience what’s next for Power Automate

See the latest Power Automate innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Find your favorite faces from the community presenting at the Power Platform Community Conference!

Top Solution Authors
Users online (6,179)