cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jason_vzerofive
Frequent Visitor

Power Automate - Send message to multiple/different users in Microsoft Teams

Hi,

I have an excel file with different userIDs and I need to send messages to Microsoft Teams using that userIDs. My problems are:

1. I need to extract the userIDs from that excel file from a specific column. But using "get row" (Excel) is not working.

2. I made a list of strings in an array, as a sample data, ex. [ "user1", "user2"...] (cause I can't extract the userIDs from the excel file) to loop those userID and message them to Teams but it's also not working. I'm getting a GraphUserDetailNotFound error.

But when I tried  inputting a userID manually to the recipient field the the user was able to received the message.  

Hope you can help me with these issues. Thanks in advance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Pstork1
Dual Super User III
Dual Super User III

Can you provide more details about the errors you are seeing in #1?  One issue I've seen in this context is that messages in Teams can only be addressed to an individual user or to the whole team.  You can't send a message to a list of users.  That doesn't work even if you are actually in Teams.  To send a message to multiple users you need to send the message to each user individually. 

Using your idea in #2 you can use that array as input for an Apply to each loop and then send the message to each user.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Pstork1
Dual Super User III
Dual Super User III

Can you provide more details about the errors you are seeing in #1?  One issue I've seen in this context is that messages in Teams can only be addressed to an individual user or to the whole team.  You can't send a message to a list of users.  That doesn't work even if you are actually in Teams.  To send a message to multiple users you need to send the message to each user individually. 

Using your idea in #2 you can use that array as input for an Apply to each loop and then send the message to each user.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

V3_PVA CAmpaign Carousel.png

Community Challenge - Giveaways!

Participate in the Power Virtual Agents Community Challenge

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

R2 (Green) 768 x 460px.png

Microsoft Dynamics 365 & Power Platform User Professionals

DynamicsCon is a FREE, 4 half-day virtual learning experience for 11,000+ Microsoft Business Application users and professionals.

Users online (1,302)