cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MarioContreras
Advocate I
Advocate I

Power Automate Tenant Analytics

The new tenant analytics are available now in preview, however, looks like just Power Apps section has tenant analytics, even though the announcement (reference 1, 2) also mentions Power Automate.

Will the Power Automate tenant analytics be available later?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Expiscornovus
Super User II
Super User II

6 REPLIES 6
Expiscornovus
Super User II
Super User II

Hi @MarioContreras,

I just had a look at the tenant analytics documentation. No Power Automate reports are listed as available for this feature:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-platform/admin/tenant-level-analytics

So, my guess would be that at this point in time it is only a Power Apps thing.

But you might want to double check that via the docs team on GitHub. You can also post a question over there parallel to this thread:

https://github.com/MicrosoftDocs/power-platform/issues?utf8=%E2%9C%93&q=%223157a6e5-9a05-74b1-12b0-c...

Thanks @Expiscornovus 

I get that. My points here are, first, the announcement was for both apps and flows:

First reference: Announcing new Power Platform capabilities at Microsoft Ignite - Microsoft Power Platform Blog

New out-of-box, tenant-wide analytics provide visibility and oversight across all apps and flows to track overall usage, identify top maker trends, and review sharing details for key Power Platform resources.

Second reference: Solve IT governance and admin challenges with new features for Power Platform - Microsoft Power Plat...

Out of the box tenant-wide analytics

Using the Power Platform admin center, administrators have been able to use the built-in reports for apps and flows available for every environment to track usage and maker activity. We are announcing new tenant wide reports for apps and flows that enable admins to track overall usage and business impact of the platform across all environments, identify top maker trends, and review sharing details for key Power Platform resources.

Extensive filtering support allows admins to dig deeper into the analytics and slice and dice the data. With available inventory list views of apps and flows these reports can be easily downloaded by admins as a CSV file for deeper analysis.

The headers also mention Power Automate, (i.e., Maker activity reporting: Power Apps and Power Automate)

It's unfortunate if Microsoft just implement the analytics for Power Apps.

Expiscornovus
Super User II
Super User II

Hi @MarioContreras,

I totally agree with you and I am also expecting it to be delivered for Power Automate, based on those announcements.

My point was that I was guessing it was still work in progress since the feature is still in preview. Also that link I posted earlier has this statement: Expect significant changes to preview features and documentation.

However, it also might be worth checking the wave 1 and wave 2 release plans of the Power Platform to see if anything is listed on there about this feature.

MarioContreras
Advocate I
Advocate I

Thanks for the follow up @Expiscornovus 

Yes, in the 2021 wave 1 notes analytics are mentioned (as preview) and even though some sections / sentences could be interpretate as for Power Platform (including Power Automate), it just mentions Power Apps, which is a shame.

There's no update for analytics in 2021 wave 2 notes.

Expiscornovus
Super User II
Super User II

@Expiscornovus that's great! Thanks so much.

I didn't think about looking for a change log or something like that. This makes sense now. Also, it helps me to better understand the release wave notes.

Once again, thanks.

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

V3_PVA CAmpaign Carousel.png

Community Challenge - Giveaways!

Participate in the Power Virtual Agents Community Challenge

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

R2 (Green) 768 x 460px.png

Microsoft Dynamics 365 & Power Platform User Professionals

DynamicsCon is a FREE, 4 half-day virtual learning experience for 11,000+ Microsoft Business Application users and professionals.

Users online (1,249)