cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RomeoARC

Power Automate a MS Teams Channel to Ping @Channel

Is there a way to set up a flow to automatically ping everyone in that specific channel when ever anyone posts something with out having to write the @Channel? So if someone posts in a specific Teams Channel it then acts like a @Channel even though they do not write @Channel.

Hope that makes sense. Any help is appreciated. 

Thanks in advance!

7 REPLIES 7
annajhaveri
Community Champion
Community Champion

@RomeoARC  you can create a flow with trigger "When a new channel message is added" and then reply to that channel message using "Reply with a message in a channel" with mention of @channel in the reply message

Regards,
Anna Jhaveri

If I have answered your question, please mark the post as Solved to help other users to identify the correct answer
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.
RomeoARC

Thank you @annajhaveri  but is what you are suggesting automatic or would I need to manually reply? The whole point of this is to not have to manually reply. When ever someone posts anything in a teams channel I want it to automatically act as a @channel and ping everyone in that channel automatically?  Thanks!

@RomeoARC  this will be automatic, create a flow that has the trigger "When a new channel message is added" and add action within that flow  "Reply with a message in a channel" with mention of @channel in the reply message. So your flow will trigger everytime a new channel message is added, and then your flow will automatically respond to that new message with channel name mention

Regards,
Anna Jhaveri

If I have answered your question, please mark the post as Solved to help other users to identify the correct answer

@annajhaveri   I might be doing something wrong here.  I don't want a reply post. All I need is when someone posts something, that post automatically pings everyone. I do NOT want it to add another reply post in the channel. 

Thank you!

RomeoARC_0-1660944321396.png

@RomeoARC As you wanted to notify the users when @channel name is not mentioned in the channel message, replying to that channel message with @channelname mention would notify the user so that was the alternative of notifying the users.

Regards,
Anna Jhaveri

@annajhaveri  I still think there is some confusion here.
When someone posts something in a channel, I want it to automatically ping everyone in the channel without having to reply. When anyone posts in the channel, it should automatically ping everyone and act like a @mention to everyone who is in that channel without doing the @mention and without replying.

Example:

John posts "Good Morning!"  in a Teams Channel>Channel then automatically sends everyone in that channel a banner pop up message that says "John mentioned you "Good Morning!"

Is this even possible?

@RomeoARC  as channel notifications can be changed by user, so users may have channel notifications turned off, so one way of notifying the users is mentioning the channel name @channel, and if user doesnt do that in the channel message, i was suggesting you to mentioned channel name in reply of the message to notify the users, now if this option doesnt work for you then there is another option to create a flow when new channel message is added, where you can get all channel/team members, then add apply to each action to loop through all members and inside apply to each action, add post notification in their teams using Post Feed notification action. In order to get all team/channel members you need to use Graph API or use List group members to get the members of group that corresponds to that Microsoft team, references below:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iQNeGrGYkfU

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/General-Power-Automate/Power-Automate-Get-channel-members/td-p/1...

Regards,
Anna Jhaveri

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Users online (1,206)