Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ramtin
Helper I
Helper I

Power Automate and Group Mail

I hope someone can help.

We have a flow that monitors a Group Mailbox and uses the "When a new e-mail arrives in a group" trigger. 

trigger.PNG

Flow Function: A Major Change or Service Health Notification gets sent to the Group Mailbox. The ID, title, and body get parsed out. A new item is created on a SharePoint Site and populated with the parsed out data.

flow.PNG

Challenge: For whatever reason, O365 Health won't e-mail a Group Mail Address

registered.PNG

Workaround: I registered my work e-mail address to receive e-mail notifications, then set up an Outlook rule to forward the notification e-mail Group Mailbox.

New Challenge: When the e-mail is forward to the Group Mailbox, the Power Automate flow picks it up but thinks the e-mail is empty when it isn't and gives a link to download that does nothing.

blank.PNG

Theory: We believe the Flow stops reading after this grey line.

the line.PNG

Seeking a Solution to either would solve the problem:

1. We need a way to get O365 Health to e-mail our Group Mailbox OR
  2. We need to figure out a way for the Power Automate Flow to read the full e-mail.

Thank you for your assistance!

Ramtin

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Ramtin
Helper I
Helper I

@Gopala_Krishna yup, API would be the easiest and quickest but that isn't an option either right now....something we will do in the future. 

@VictorIvanidze there is usually always a way, just got to think outside the box =P

Here is my solution/workaround.

1. Disable the Outlook Rules I created to forward emails 
  2. Create a Flow to Monitor my Inbox for emails with specific subject
  3. Create a new e-mail with the subject and body, send it to Group Mailbox
  4. The Flow Monitoring the Group Mailbox will pick it up and create the SharePoint List Item

Problem Solved. The variable is only there for troubleshooting and confirming subject

Flow:

Ramtin_0-1609784601178.png

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
VictorIvanidze
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi @Ramtin, can you use a shared mailbox instead of a Group mailbox? 

Freelance Power Automate developer. $50 per hour.

Unfortunately not, that would make it easier but we are moving away from Shared Mailboxes......

Well, use a regular user mailbox then, as you've already done:

"Workaround: I registered my work e-mail address to receive e-mail notifications, then set up an Outlook rule to forward the notification e-mail Group Mailbox."

Ramtin
Helper I
Helper I

We need to be using Group Mailbox.

"shared mailbox" and " regular user mailbox" do not meet the requirement of this request. 

Gopala_Krishna
Super User
Super User

@Ramtin 

I think the best option here will be to use the Office 365 Communication API, using which you can track the events when a message gets created, and you can directly use this content to create items in SharePoint or share the content with any other service.

The API get's directly connected with Office 365 Service Health and alerts when there is a new message, you can also specify filters during the API call.

Herewith I am sharing few documents that speak about the API and the process of how to get connected.

API Reference

How to get connected

If the information shared helps you, please consider giving a thumbs up 👍 and mark solution as resolved.

VictorIvanidze
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Well, if "O365 Health won't e-mail a Group Mail Address", you have no ways. 

Ramtin
Helper I
Helper I

@Gopala_Krishna yup, API would be the easiest and quickest but that isn't an option either right now....something we will do in the future. 

@VictorIvanidze there is usually always a way, just got to think outside the box =P

Here is my solution/workaround.

1. Disable the Outlook Rules I created to forward emails 
  2. Create a Flow to Monitor my Inbox for emails with specific subject
  3. Create a new e-mail with the subject and body, send it to Group Mailbox
  4. The Flow Monitoring the Group Mailbox will pick it up and create the SharePoint List Item

Problem Solved. The variable is only there for troubleshooting and confirming subject

Flow:

Ramtin_0-1609784601178.png

View solution in original post

VictorIvanidze
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

"Create a Flow to Monitor my Inbox for emails with specific subject" - well, in fact you are using a regular user mailbox.

phoon
Frequent Visitor

what is the purpose of having Apply to each and nest another? Will it work without them?

Helpful resources

Announcements
2022 Release Wave 1 760x460.png

2022 Release Wave 1 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2022 release wave 1 describes all new features releasing from April 2022 through September 2022.

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

User Group Leader Meeting January 768x460.png

Calling all User Group Leaders!

Don't miss the User Group Leader meetings on January, 24th & 25th, 2022.

Users online (1,731)