Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jspeer1
Helper II
Helper II

Power Automate and Office 365 Pricing Question

Hi all,

I have read and attempted to comprehend how Power Automate and licensing works for it but would like to ask for some help given my scenario below. Thanks in advance 🙂

I currently have a MSFT O365 E3 license assigned to myself in our org's tenant. I have a couple Automated Flows that all build upon built in connectors (Email using Outlook, Teams, Excel for business, Sharepoint, etc) These all use and only use official MSFT products.

Most of them just receive emails and then post to Teams and upload info to Sharepoint sites.

I've never been questioned and have never had a problem running these. They always work however I am planning on building another automated flow that will process potentially thousands of emails per week and post to Teams and upload data to my SharePoint site. Am I doing this free? Will my org be charged additional to my current E3 license if my flow ends up running a couple thousand times per week for all the emails it will be processing?

Thanks again in advance 🙂

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
rikdekoning
Kudo Collector
Kudo Collector

Each user will have 2000 action calls per day. This count will not be shared with other users in your tenant. So let's say you have 100 users, you will not have a limit of 2,000,000 action calls for each user.

Example:
If user X runs out of action calls and user Y doesn't, user X cannot use the remaining action calls of User Y.

So if you have a user that is likely to to exceed its limit, you should either purchase a capacity addon for that user, assign a premium license to the flow or that user, or use multiple service accounts (but beware of multiplexing)

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
rikdekoning
Kudo Collector
Kudo Collector

It depends. You will get 2000 action calls per day per user on your E3 license, meaning that you will get to run 2000 actions per day on your connection references. If you stay below this limit, it's included in your E3 license and therefor free. Flows will keep running as usual.

If you exceed this limit, flows will be throttled and eventually stop (due to timeouts). To avoid this, you need to purchase either capacity addons (which allows you to grant additional action calls to users) or a premium license (per flow or per user plan).

Thanks!  This finally made some sense.

Now is the 2000 actions per day limit per user with an E3 or is it 2000 per day between all E3 users in my org who wish to take advantage of this?

Thank again 🙂

rikdekoning
Kudo Collector
Kudo Collector

Each user will have 2000 action calls per day. This count will not be shared with other users in your tenant. So let's say you have 100 users, you will not have a limit of 2,000,000 action calls for each user.

Example:
If user X runs out of action calls and user Y doesn't, user X cannot use the remaining action calls of User Y.

So if you have a user that is likely to to exceed its limit, you should either purchase a capacity addon for that user, assign a premium license to the flow or that user, or use multiple service accounts (but beware of multiplexing)

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Welcome Super Users.jpg

Super User Season 2

Congratulations, the new Super User Season 2 for 2021 has started!

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Users online (1,266)