I am re-building 2010 workflows in Automate and have come across this issue:
I have a list that stores Word tempates. I have another list (with the same columns) which contains user documents which are created from the template document.
I have set everything up and am now testing. When I create a document from the template, then open the document in Word, any 'choice' fields are not showing the drop down choices. I have seen this working previously.
In the Flow that creates the file from the template, I do the following:
1. 'Populate a Microsoft Word template'
2. 'Create file' (File Content = output from 'Populate a Microsoft Word template')
3. 'Update File properties'
If I look at the template document, it looks fine:
I can see the column is ok if I look at it in the 'Update file properties' section of the Flow:
And if I open the 'properties' of the file within the browser, it looks ok too:
But if I open the document (created from the template) it looks like this: