Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
patty789
Helper V
Helper V

Power Automate approval flow

Hello,

I have a question i have a few conditions that need to be fulfilled based on certain conditions. 

1. If the submitter is a DP, the approval status is set to "Approval"

2. If the submitter is a Higher Manager, the approval status is set to "Approval"

So far i have a When an item is created - SharePoint List

then i have a condition that reads: Submitter is equal to DP, but i don't know what will come next on the If yes... as i want the flow to automatically set the Status of the item in the SharePoint list to Approved base on the conditions. 

Thank you,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
RobElliott
Super User
Super User

@patty789 you'll need a column in your list to hold the approval status. Then in the condition if the submitter is a DP (whatever that is), in the If yes channel add a SharePoint Update item action and in the Status field type Approve. In the If no channel you could add another condition to check if the Submitter is a Higher Manager then in the If channel add another Update item action and enter Approve. In the If no channel you could add a Start and wait for an approval action. You'd then have another Update item action and select Outcome for the Status column. You could then send an email to the submitter including the approval decision and any other information.

Rob
Los Gallardos
If I've answered your question or solved your problem, please mark this question as answered. This helps others who have the same question find a solution quickly via the forum search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. Thanks.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
RobElliott
Super User
Super User

@patty789 you'll need a column in your list to hold the approval status. Then in the condition if the submitter is a DP (whatever that is), in the If yes channel add a SharePoint Update item action and in the Status field type Approve. In the If no channel you could add another condition to check if the Submitter is a Higher Manager then in the If channel add another Update item action and enter Approve. In the If no channel you could add a Start and wait for an approval action. You'd then have another Update item action and select Outcome for the Status column. You could then send an email to the submitter including the approval decision and any other information.

Rob
Los Gallardos
If I've answered your question or solved your problem, please mark this question as answered. This helps others who have the same question find a solution quickly via the forum search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. Thanks.

View solution in original post

ScottShearer
Super User III
Super User III

@patty789 

Can you post a screen shot of what you have so far?

If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Scott

Helpful resources

Announcements
Process Advisor

Introducing Process Advisor

Check out the new Process Advisor community forum board!

MPA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

MBAS on Demand

Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions

On-demand access to all the great content presented by the product teams and community members! #MSBizAppsSummit #CommunityRocks

Users online (32,760)