cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Rzgazaryan
Helper I
Helper I

Power Automate export Planner into SharePoint Folder for Power BI

Hey guys - PBI developer here. I have not yet used any of the Power Automate to enhance a BI solution. My team recently began using Microsoft Planner.

I was able to create a nice dashboard/report based on that excel export. Is there a way for me to create a automation which hits that export button, saves it to a common SharePoint folder once a day?

I’d really appreciate any help. I really want to get into Power Automate.

1 REPLY 1
poweractivate
Community Champion
Community Champion

@Rzgazaryan 

This specific kind of use case might be much easier to do now as of April 2021, by using the new Power Automate Visual for Power BI Reports along with the Power Automate Trigger "Power BI Button Clicked".

For guidance on how to set up the use of Power Automate visual for use with the Power BI button clicked Trigger, I recommend this Power Automate visual for Power BI reports announcement blog entry by Microsoft

Once the Visual is set up properly, use the Trigger, and for the Action you can use "Create a File" (SharePoint)

82221-pbi-02.png

82221-pbi-01.png

Check if above is a good starting point for you.

If you want this to happen each day instead of on a button press, you can consider using the Recurrence trigger with an interval of 1 Day. Make sure the initial Start Time is set into at least a few minutes into the future of when you are trying to get the Flow to run for the very first time - Can't get recurrence trigger to work 

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Users online (1,546)