Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
learningflow
Helper II
Helper II

Power Automate flow not triggering on every occurrence of event

Hello,

I am using 'When a Business Event Occurs' trigger from Dynamics Fin & Ops data source(Dynamics 365), see below. 

learningflow_1-1645819494108.png

learningflow_0-1645819459628.png

The flow executes fine on a business event trigger, however it only triggers once for a particular purchase order. For example if someone goes into Dynamics 365 and updates a purchase order to confirmed, it will execute immediately and sends an email out, however in next 5 mins, if someone changes status of same purchase order from confirmed to draft, make some changes and after that changes it to Confirmed status from draft, the flow does not trigger this time. So the challenge is, its not executing on every occurrence of the business event but only on first for same purchase order. Can anyone help, thanks. 

5 REPLIES 5
Mister_Shaik
Super User
Super User

Hi @learningflow ,

That's quite strange that the flow didn't get triggered a second time. I have obviously seen many cases where some calls trigger the flow instantly, while few others take a while. But I've rarely seen instances not getting triggered at all.

Can you confirm if the second or ongoing modifications didn't trigger the flow even once? even with a certain delay?

Kind Regards,

Shaik Sha

@Mister_Shaik thanks so much for your feedback. Yes, the second and all ongoing modifications did not trigger the flow at all. 

vjai0003

happening with me too. I want to automate my websites A-FLO Equipment , Fuelgear , Foodsafe Lubes, and Lubricon

Happens quite frequently with the trigger 'When a file is created in a folder' for both Sharepoint and OneDrive connectors. Especially when multiples files are created in the same folder at almost the same moment.

CaseyWen
Regular Visitor

Hi 

could you please tell me how let it be triggered? my problem is not can't be trigger in 2nd time. my flow never be triggered.😂 😂 

all the set up is done . create alert, enable endpoint in business event catalog. run batch job. anything I missing? Thanks in advance.

Helpful resources

Announcements
 WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

Explore the latest innovations, learn from product experts and partners, level up your skillset, and create connections from around the world.

Register for a Free Workshop.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

September Events 2022

Check out all of these events

Attend in person or online, there are incredible conferences and events happening all throughout the month of September.

Users online (3,718)