cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sasrsc
Resolver II
Resolver II

Power Automate losing word text controls to populate a word doc

I am using the Populate a Word template in Power Automate.

I built the word doc saved as .docx and made sure all the controls are "plain text control".

I could see them, to populate values in Power Automate.

I then went into the Word document and changed it a little ... formatting etc... removing erroneous spaces and saved it.

Now I can't see the parameters/controls in Power Automate.

I've had this happen before but I also have some processes working fine.

I'm thinking it's really sensitive. I can see all the plain text controls in the full blown word app.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
sasrsc
Resolver II
Resolver II

I found other complaints from other users. In the end we started from scratch and it works. I have no idea why it failed. They were all built as plain text controls and not rich text controls. It seems the connector is a little finnicky. Looking forward to a v2 coming out.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-yujincui-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @sasrsc ,

It doesn't seem easy to troubleshoot this issue, maybe you could try to create a new flow or create a new Word template, then try it again.

Sorry for any inconvenience.

Best Regards,
Charlie Choi

sasrsc
Resolver II
Resolver II

I found other complaints from other users. In the end we started from scratch and it works. I have no idea why it failed. They were all built as plain text controls and not rich text controls. It seems the connector is a little finnicky. Looking forward to a v2 coming out.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

New Ideas Forum MPA.jpg

A new place to submit your Ideas for Power Automate

Announcing a new way to share your feedback with the Power Automate Team.

MPA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

365 EduCon 768x460.png

Microsoft 365 EduCon

Join us for two optional days of workshops and a 3-day conference, you can choose from over 130 sessions in multiple tracks and 25 workshops.

Users online (4,547)