cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Super User
Super User

Power Automate on PowerApps Portal for Unauthenticated Users

So i do under stand the concept of multiplexing. But how to use Power Automate with PowerApps Portal that is meant for viewing records from CDS as a guest? Even when we are paying the cost for PowerApps Portal Page Views. 

The only one approach i can think of is licensing as per flow but there is no documentation saying if this covers the scenario as we would need a service account to run the flows from portals. 

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Dual Super User III
Dual Super User III

Re: Power Automate on PowerApps Portal for Unauthenticated Users

Hi @Rahber 

Can you share more details? You can create a button on the Portal and then pass parameters to a flow that can be triggered by an HTTP request and provide response. I have published this post here that explains how you can do it with a standard website but it should be same for the Portal as well. https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Microsoft-Flow-Community-Blog/Microsoft-Flow-as-a-Service/ba-p/3... 

Hope this Helps!

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

Super User
Super User

Hi, My question was related to multi plexing. I am doing it the same way as your blog however i am confused if its allowed.

Highlighted
Dual Super User III
Dual Super User III

Hi @Rahber 

Yes it is. So you create the flow with a service account and build the process entirely. It is being called as an on demand API (just like you would call any other service)

Note that there is no authentication as such in this method so you might want to count that in while creating the flow and consider what data flows through it. 

Hope this Helps!

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Super User Program Update

Three Super User rank tiers have been launched!

firstImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

Top Solution Authors
Users online (7,510)