cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tj7933
Helper II
Helper II

Power Automate - prevent a workflow from triggering when bulk items are being appended to a SharePoint list

Hello,

We are transferring data from an old SharePoint Prem environment to a new SharePoint Online environment.

A workflow on SPO is triggered when an item is created in a SharePoint list.  It is a large and highly complex workflow that I would prefer not to have to recreate.

We do not need the workflow to run when we transfer the data from the equivalent list on the SPP site.

I ran some tests.  I turned off the workflow and transferred some items from the old site to the new site.  When the workflow was turned back on,  All the appended items triggered the workflow to run.  The workflow contains an email, and sadly, email boxes got swamped with emails produced from the triggered flow.  That did not go over well.

Is there a way that data/items can be appended to a SharePoint list with a workflow triggered when a new item is created?  Is there a way to bypass the workflow just for the appended items?

Thanks

Tammy

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
annetoal
Super User
Super User

2 REPLIES 2
annetoal
Super User
Super User

Have a look at https://www.imenos.com/en/power-automate/when-an-item-or-file-is-modified-trigger-conditions/ . It has some excellent information on trigger conditions. 

Tj7933
Helper II
Helper II

Thank you very much!!  Perfect solution found.  

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Automate News & Announcements

Power Automate News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Automate community.

Power Automate Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Users online (3,694)