cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MasaK

Power Automate setting about Teams meeting setup

I'd like to let anyone can add a schedule for specified time on my Teams calendar.

I understand only users in same group can add a schedule on Teams, or a user in different group can send Teams meeting invitation. But in my case, I'm trying to let a user, who even doesn't have Microsoft account, add a meeting on Teams.

I found Power Automate can make a flow that an incoming email can add a meeting on Outlook. But I cannot find a way that an incoming email specifies the date and time of the meeting. Only the receiver can set the date and time in advance. That means if 10 emails are received, 10 meeting will be added at the same date and time. It's not good.

The ideal flow is as below.

1. Receiving email containing certain title and date and time range
   - email title: Meeting Appointment
   - date and time range: 1/1/2023 10:00-11:00am
   - the sender doesn't have Microsoft account
2. Teams calendar try to make a schedule on it with the specified title and date and time range.
   - meeting title: Meeting Appointment
   - date and time range: 1/1/2023 10:00-11:00am
   - the owner of Teams calendar approves it. then the schedule is on Teams calendar.

If you know how to make it, your advice is so appreciated.

Thank you very much!

3 REPLIES 3
annajhaveri
Community Champion
Community Champion

@MasaK  are you using Create a Teams Meeting action to create the meeting? Also does end user doesnt have the MS Teams account? You can use service account in flow to create teams meeting instead. 

Regards,
Anna Jhaveri

If I have answered your question, please mark the post as Solved to help other users to identify the correct answer
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

thanks for your reply, Annajhaveri.

>are you using Create a Teams Meeting action to create the meeting?

Yes

>Also does end user doesnt have the MS Teams account?

Yes

>You can use service account in flow to create teams meeting instead. 

a meeting can be created. but the time cannot be specified by the end user without the account.

that's the issue i'm facing.

annajhaveri
Community Champion
Community Champion

@MasaK  can you share screenshot of the issue "a meeting can be created. but the time cannot be specified by the end user without the account" which you are trying to do using flow, that would further help me understand the exact issue.

Regards,
Anna Jhaveri

If I have answered your question, please mark the post as Solved to help other users to identify the correct answer
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Register for a Free Workshop.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

September Events 2022

Check out all of these events

Attend in person or online, there are incredible conferences and events happening all throughout the month of September.

Users online (2,676)