cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nicole44
Regular Visitor

Power Automate shows "Unknown User" for Microsoft Teams user

Currently I have a flow that emails a list of messages from a Microsoft Teams channel. Currently the email displays messages like this:

[User's Display name]

[User's message]

However, for one particular user, his display name has started showing up as "Unknown user" in the emails, despite him being an active user. In Teams his name shows up normally, so I don't understand why it's showing up as "Unknown user" when the flow runs.  I'm at a loss for how to fix this, so any help would be greatly appreciated!

2 REPLIES 2
VictorIvanidze
Community Champion
Community Champion

Show your flow.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Contact me if you are interested in custom Power Automate development.
nicole44
Regular Visitor

nicole44_0-1659967013936.png

nicole44_1-1659967095348.png

In Filter array above, the text is: @And(greater(ticks(item()?['CreatedDateTime']), ticks(addDays(utcNow(), -1))),not(equals(item()?['from']?['user']?['displayName'], 'Name1')),not(equals(item()?['from']?['user']?['displayName'], 'Name2')))

I've censored the actual names of the users, but Name2 is the one that shows up as "Unknown User" in the email.

nicole44_2-1659967274552.png

The Filter array 2 contains: @And(greater(ticks(item()?['CreatedDateTime']), ticks(addDays(utcNow(), -1))),or(equals(item()?['from']?['user']?['displayName'], 'Name1'),equals(item()?['from']?['user']?['displayName'], 'Name2')))

Again Name2 is having the "Unknown User" issue.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Users online (3,397)