cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
davidstone
Kudo Kingpin
Kudo Kingpin

Power Automate throttling - per flow or per user account?

Really great post from Sunay detailing how Microsoft is going to approach scenarios where a user exceeds their allocation of API calls in a 24 hour period. But I have a key question!

The article seems to imply that the restrictions are going to be applied per flow - that a single flow exceeding the threshold will be throttled once it exceeds it. It doesn't really make it clear to me what might happen to other flows on my account. For example, is just that flow going to be throttled, or will my other flows be throttled too?

What if I have 20 flows all running close to the threshold, so my account is using many times the threshold, but no individual flow is crossing it - what happens?

I think it's a huge difference as to whether it applies per flow or per user account, and I just need to establish this for myself, and the clients I advise.

Thanks.

2 REPLIES 2
mohsinkhalid
Resolver II
Resolver II

Hi David;

If the flow is running on per user plan then API usage limits of the user are applied and if the flow is configured to use the per flow plan then the per flow plan usage is applied. 

For your 20 flows all running close to threshold problem, if they are all on per use plan then your users combined api limit will apply and if on flow plan the each flow will carry its own threshold. Hope this helps.

Thanks. I'm still unclear.

"your users combined api limit"?

I notice that under Daily Limits it explicitly states that the api call limit applies, "across all flows owned by a single user" - which is really clear. But relating that back to Sunay's article, I think it adds a lot of clarity about how Microsoft will handle a single flow using too many api calls, but doesn't make it clear what will happen if a user is using too many api calls.

For example, on a seeded (O365) use of Power Automate the limit is just 2000 api calls. If I use 2000 in my first flow of the day, are my other flows throttled or not? Am I at risk of any of my flows being disabled?

Helpful resources

Announcements
MBAS Attendee Badge

Claim Your Badge & Digital Swag!

Check out how to claim yours today!

MPA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

secondImage

Are Your Ready?

Test your skills now with the Cloud Skill Challenge.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (88,306)