cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
KJN1000
Regular Visitor

Power Automate to generate email one time to customer

Hi All,

I have built a flow whereby our customer should get notified of an survey date being booked when the item is modified with the condition "has column changed: Survey Date" however my flow seems to run every time any item is changed.  Can someone advise me where I am going wrong on this?

Please see below my flow:

KJN1000_0-1638300342622.pngKJN1000_1-1638300363535.png

KJN1000_2-1638300391724.png

Thanks in advance

Katie

3 REPLIES 3
NiloferA
Super User
Super User

Hello @KJN1000 ,

When you work on a Flow which triggers on item modified, you get a warning saying that there is a possibility of the Flow being running in an infinite loop.

Below are some of the options you can implement to prevent this

1. Maintain a Flag in the List, lets assume it's initial value as blank. When you update the item from flow, update this flag to 'Yes' and add either a Trigger Condition or a condition in your Flow to check for the Flag and run only if it's not equal to 'Yes'
  2. If you are using a specific service account for Creating your Flows, you can add a trigger condition to run the Flows only when Modified By is not equal to the service account

Let me know how it goes for you with these options.

Please hit Kudo or Mark this Reply as a Solution if it helped resolve your problem. Thanks!

Hi NiloferA, 

Thanks for getting back to me.

When you say flag do you mean a yes/no check box in the list?

Thanks

Katie

Hello Katie,

You can either add Yes/No field or a Single Line of Text, both of these will work. Something to keep in mind, Yes/No column is a Boolean field internally so in the Flow you will have to compare true/false values and if you are using a Single Line of Text field then you can simply compare with Yes string.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

MPA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

Power Automate Designer Feedback_carousel.jpg

Help make Flow Design easier

Are you new to designing flows? What is your biggest struggle with Power Automate Designer? Help us make it more user friendly!

Users online (2,473)