cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
calexmorales

Power Automate to update Dynamic SharePoint List with Excel table

I would like to get some feedback on how to get an issue resolved with Power Automate.

I am creating the SharePoint list on the spot (Dynamically) from Power Apps. That flow works. I am able to create the SharePoint list with my columns, etc. I also created a manual trigger flow to import an excel table to the newly created SharePoint list. However, I want to integrate the excel flow to the sharePoint list flow,  so that the excel table is imported automatically to the newly created SharePoint list. I don't want to trigger the flow manually. At the moment, the only way the manual flow is able to work is if it finds the SharePoint list already created to match the column titles with the excel headers. How can I pass or get the name of the list that was just created in the previous flow so that I can match the columns to the excel flow? 

I wan to run only one flow.

PowerApp Screen ShotPowerApp Screen ShotInitial Flow to create the SharePoint ListInitial Flow to create the SharePoint ListTo import the excel table, I need to have the SharePoint list already created. But mine is created dynamicallyTo import the excel table, I need to have the SharePoint list already created. But mine is created dynamicallyManual Flow works because the list is found in SharePoint.. The name you see was created through Power apps an the attached flowManual Flow works because the list is found in SharePoint.. The name you see was created through Power apps an the attached flow

2 REPLIES 2
Sundeep_Malik
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hey @calexmorales 

Maybe try using the functionality of child flows. 

So whenever your SharePoint list is created, run a child flow and inside the child flow use the excel to be imported in the SP list.

Sundeep_Malik
Community Champion
Community Champion

@calexmorales 

Or if you dont want to use the functionality of child flow you can use one more thing. Triggering a cloud flow from another cloud flow.

To do this, first make your 1st flow. Then in the last step use action called HTTP.

In the second flow, use the trigger, when a HTTP request is received. Add another action to it. Save it. After this your uri in the trigger will be generated. Now copy this uri to the 1st flow's HTTP action.

If you want pass something to the 2nd flow, just add it to the Body of the HTTP action of the 1st flow.

My 1st Flow:

Sundeep_Malik_0-1662782832871.png

2nd Flow:

Sundeep_Malik_1-1662782850750.png

I hope this helps. But I will still suggest the use of child flows. Personally I have never used the second method, I use child flows all the time. 🙂

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Users online (1,611)