cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
KevinRenaudeau

Power Automate understands my dates wrong

Hi everybody

ok so I have a weird problem with my dates format in PA. Power automate keeps "understanding" my dates in US format.

In a very simple flow I create a compose action with "10/05/2022" for exemple. Since my Microsoft account is set to display dates in "dd-MM-yyyy" I expect power automate to read this as 10th of May 2022 however it always understands it as 5th of october.

So in this simple flow I plug the output of the first compose action (10/05/2022) in an other compose action and use the expression "formatDateTime" with the dd-MM-yyyy format, and it systematically returns "05/10/2022".

The problem is that when I put 15/05/2022 in the first compose my flow fails and I get this message

InvalidTemplate. Unable to process template language expressions in action 'Compose_2' inputs at line '0' and column '0': 'In function 'formatDateTime', the value provided for date time string '15/05/2022' was not valid. The datetime string must match ISO 8601 format.'.

This is annoying as I work with documents only using the dd-MM-yyyy format, that most of the time are only strings... which means I get the wrong format or an error every time I'm dealing with dates.

Any idea of how I can get Power Automate to understand my dates properly? I have been checking some solutions on the forum but so far none was able to fix this.

Thanks in advance, y'all have a good one 

2 REPLIES 2
Foxxx
Frequent Visitor

I've got the same annoying issue. No fix found yet 😞

Aimee
Frequent Visitor

Try this--formatDateTime(body(‘Get_item)?[‘StartDate’], ‘yyyy-MM-ddThh:mm:ssZ’)

Helpful resources

Announcements
 WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

Explore the latest innovations, learn from product experts and partners, level up your skillset, and create connections from around the world.

Register for a Free Workshop.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

September Events 2022

Check out all of these events

Attend in person or online, there are incredible conferences and events happening all throughout the month of September.

Users online (1,992)