cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Abi-Ola
Frequent Visitor

Power Automate

Hi, I am to create a logic to send an SMS whenever a task is created that meets a particular criteria.

- I started my logic as when a Row is Added
- Table Name: Task
- Subject Contains (Bla Bla)
- Apply to EACH (Create a new record)
- Table Name - Phone Message (an existing table )
See attached

I want to use the 'mobile' number in the contact entity regarding each task.

How can I better achieve this, please?

2022-04-12 23_44_27-Edit your flow _ Power Automate.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

@Abi-Ola 

Yes they will be treated individually.

For the contact you need to get the contact using Get Row By Id and pass the regarding (Value) from the trigger as below

Mira_Ghaly_0-1649806695941.png

If this post helps you with your problem, please mark your as Accepted solution.If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Blog: here

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Mira_Ghaly
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

@Abi-Ola 

The flow looks good but I do not get what is the need for the Apply to each? Is it to get the contact?

If this post helps you with your problem, please mark your as Accepted solution.If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Hi Mira, You are right; ' apply to each' is pointless since it applies to individual records. Just curious, though, if I have 200 tasks added at a go, I hope they will all be treated individually?

Any idea on how I can get the regarding contact and make sure the column is added to the number column in my add a new record

@Abi-Ola 

Yes they will be treated individually.

For the contact you need to get the contact using Get Row By Id and pass the regarding (Value) from the trigger as below

Mira_Ghaly_0-1649806695941.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Automate News & Announcements

Power Automate News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Automate community.

Community Calls Conversations

Community Calls Conversations

A great place where you can stay up to date with community calls and interact with the speakers.

Power Automate Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Users online (5,968)