Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Charliemacdmv
Helper IV
Helper IV

Power BI Refresh amount

Hello all,

I have a quick question. If I use Power Automate to refresh Power BI will this affect the 48 refreshes I have? Or is it considered a manual refresh? I know manual refreshes don't count against the 48.

Thanks!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

@Charliemacdmv 

Yes, I believe the Power Automate refreshes invoked from that connector are exactly the kinds of refreshes that count towards that specific limit.

I believe you can have unlimited of these kinds of refreshes if you get Power BI Premium - you can double check with them as well.

Yes, I believe you are right, when you refresh the dataset from a specific place buried in the Power BI interface, those indeed do not count towards the limit - however, those must be invoked manually from that specific place only, and any other kind of dataset refresh counts. The only other one that I believe doesn't count is when clicking the Refresh button on the Power BI Desktop client - other than these two, the other ways I believe count towards that limit - for example, the Power Automate way, I believe it specifically does count.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

@Charliemacdmv 

Yes, I believe the Power Automate refreshes invoked from that connector are exactly the kinds of refreshes that count towards that specific limit.

I believe you can have unlimited of these kinds of refreshes if you get Power BI Premium - you can double check with them as well.

Yes, I believe you are right, when you refresh the dataset from a specific place buried in the Power BI interface, those indeed do not count towards the limit - however, those must be invoked manually from that specific place only, and any other kind of dataset refresh counts. The only other one that I believe doesn't count is when clicking the Refresh button on the Power BI Desktop client - other than these two, the other ways I believe count towards that limit - for example, the Power Automate way, I believe it specifically does count.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Difinity Conference 2022

Difinity Conference 2022

Register today for two amazing days of learning, featuring intensive learning sessions across multiple tracks, led by engaging and dynamic experts.

European SharePoint Conference

European SharePoint Conference

The European SharePoint Conference returns live and in-person November 28-December 1 with 4 Microsoft Keynotes, 9 Tutorials, and 120 Sessions.

Users online (3,951)