Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AkshaySolanki
Helper II
Helper II

Power BI and SharePoint integration with Power Automate

Hello,

I have a business requirement where I have to research the feasibility of extract Power BI .pbit and automatically save it to Sharepoint either by Flow or Powershell script.

Any suggestions for this?

Thanks in advance

3 REPLIES 3
Expiscornovus
Super User
Super User

Hi @AkshaySolanki,

This video from @RezaDorrani might be a good resource to look into:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Power-Automate-Cookbook/Automate-the-process-of-exporting-Power-...

I don't know if it is exactly what you are looking for but it does explain how you can convert pbix to pbit files via desktop flows (RPA) in Power Automate. You can extend that example by storing it onto SharePoint Online.

I haven't seen any support for save as/export to pbit in the Power BI Service REST API. Only seen support for exporting it as zip:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/rest/api/power-bi/reports/export-report-in-group

Hope this helps a bit?

Happy to help out! 🙂

Interested in more #PowerAutomate #SharePointOnline or #PowerVirtualAgents content?
Visit my blog, Subscribe to my YouTube channel or Follow me on Twitter

I see that Reza is using UI flow which is a premium feature in power Automate and we don't have it here. I was wondering is there any other way I can achieve this?

I tried downloading Power Automate desktop app but not familiar with it at all

Expiscornovus
Super User
Super User

Hi @AkshaySolanki,

Sorry, but I think the options are pretty limited since there are no APIs or PowerShell cmdlets supporting what you want. But maybe somebody else figured out a workaround for this?

Happy to help out! 🙂

Interested in more #PowerAutomate #SharePointOnline or #PowerVirtualAgents content?
Visit my blog, Subscribe to my YouTube channel or Follow me on Twitter

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Automate News & Announcements

Power Automate News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Automate community.

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Power Automate Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Users online (3,062)