Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
aaedla
Helper V
Helper V

Power Flow for Oracle Table

Hi,

I have a created Power Apps application and storing the data in Oracle Table. Now I would like to create a flow to send email notifications when new item is created in Oracle table. As there is no trigger available for Oracle connector, I would like to know suggestions.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you,

5 REPLIES 5
eric-cheng
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi @aaedla ,

I don't have any practical suggestions but I recommend upvoting some of the existing ideas here and here.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have answered your question, please mark my post as a solution
If you have found my response helpful, please give it a thumbs up

Thank you for your comments. I got below link but I am not understanding how to get insert trigger for oracle as shown in the link.

https://powerapps.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/connecting-to-oracle-database-from-powerapps-flow-and-log...

Any suggestion?

Hi @aaedla ,

The link refers to using the connector to connect and perform CRUD (create/update/update/delete) operations with an Oracle DB.   You will also need to setup a data gateway which is an agent to enable connectivity between Power Automate and your Oracle DB.  Instructions can be found here.

ericcheng_1-1626834265680.png

The article indicates that triggers and stored procedures are not yet supported.  However, the article was from 2017 and I am not aware of any triggers available.  

ericcheng_0-1626834040866.png

Thank you again.

How would I know whether the triggers are available or not?

In the article, there are separate links for creating gateways. Is this true? Do we need to create separate gateways for PowerApps and Automate? And is the creating gateways procedure different for Apps and flows? Please advise. 

aaedla_0-1626836358751.png

Hi @aaedla ,

If you go to the start of your flow and search for Oracle, you will notice there are no triggers.  Similarly, you can refer to Microsoft Docs here.

ericcheng_0-1626853214236.png

You can reuse data gateways across various Microsoft platforms e.g. Power Platform, Azure Logic Apps etc

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Automate News & Announcements

Power Automate News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Automate community.

Community Calls Conversations

Community Calls Conversations

A great place where you can stay up to date with community calls and interact with the speakers.

Power Automate Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Users online (4,231)