Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
YAYA
Helper II
Helper II

Power Platform license help

Hi,

we are an organization have +2000 users. all users have E3 or E5 license. We are planning to make some applications with power apps and power automate. such as travel requests, vacations, claims, form approvals and so on.

my questions here,

1. are the license we have are enough to implement the project and start develop the apps! specially the company will not pay extra for per user plan package for all users.
  2. is the user developer must has a unique license! such as per user plan or Per user with attended RPA. specially that in power automate, the automated triggers using the developer user (flow owner) instead of the user who triggered the request! I am not sure if there is a solution for this!
  3. regarding the data storage and backup! what is the best practice.

Please I need the best practice and design recommendation.

Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

In that case you will want to use the button trigger so the flows run under each user’s account & you will want to avoid any premium or non-standard connectors in both the app & the flows.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
takolota
Super User
Super User

@YAYA 

Those licenses will be enough for Power Apps using only standard connectors. So this usually limits you to datasources like Excel or preferably SharePoint that use standard connectors.

The developer doesn’t technically need a per user or greater license if you only plan to use standard actions in Power Automate. But you may just want to pay the $15/mo to ensure some user can use premium connectors in non-button (scheduled or cloud) triggered flows.

I usually use a service account as the owner of all the apps & automations to ensure easier succession planning if someone leaves.

Be aware if you are using a button trigger like a Power Apps trigger, and you use a premium action in that flow, then every end user will need a premium license or you will need to license the flow instead of the users.

YAYA
Helper II
Helper II

thank you for the info, one question, as I mentioned we are +2000 users and I am going to use one service account as the owner of all applications.  but i will face an issue that each user will access the app and trigger a flow, will be triggered under the owner account which is the flow maker instead of the user account. is there a way to make the flow whenever is triggered will be triggered by the user account not the owner. as each user has 2000 request API per day as well as the owner account. if all users will use the apps and flows triggered under the owner account, I don't think 2000 request API are enough for +2000 users!

Thanks 

In that case you will want to use the button trigger so the flows run under each user’s account & you will want to avoid any premium or non-standard connectors in both the app & the flows.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Automate News & Announcements

Power Automate News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Automate community.

Community Calls Conversations

Community Calls Conversations

A great place where you can stay up to date with community calls and interact with the speakers.

Power Automate Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Users online (6,429)