cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BarosaB

Power app outlook connection

I have built a Power App that at some point triggers a Flow that sends and email.

The flow was built using a specific mailbox as the email sender and it works perfectly for me, the issue is when someone else uses the app it is asked to configure all connections with is user and the connection I have put in place for Outlook, is replaced with each user, meaning the emails are sent from each user mailbox.

is there any option to keep the connection with the defined credentials?

2 REPLIES 2
Jcook
Super User III
Super User III

Hello,

If the flow is being triggered by Power Apps, than no. The flow will always use the person who is in the Power App connection.

I have came across this many times. Only way around this at the moment would be to trigger a different flow from Power Apps. Which than triggers the original flow with shared mailbox.

Although the above workaround is messy.

—Josh
If you like my post please hit the "Thumbs Up" -- If my post solved your issue please "Mark as a Solution" to help others

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

If you like my post please hit the Thumbs Up

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Check out my blog for Power Automate tips,
tricks, and guides
FlowAltDelete

yashag2255
Dual Super User II
Dual Super User II

Hi @BarosaB 

All flows that are triggered from a Power App run in context of the user that has triggered the flow and will use all the connections of that particular user for all the actions/ connections in the Flow. One of the best ways to resolve your issue is to use the mail connector that sends email from a common MSFT mailbox. (that totally depends on the scenario that you are building)

rr3.PNG

Hope this Helps!

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

MSFTBizAppsLaunchEvent

Experience what’s next for Power Virtual Agents

See the latest Power Automate innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

New Super Users

Meet the Power Automate Super Users!

Many congratulations to the Season 1 2021 Flownaut Crew!

Power Platform ISV STudio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage applications post-AppSource publish.

Users online (59,724)