cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Frequent Visitor

Power automate sending damage pdf files due to encoding using an array variable to insert attachment in the mail

Hello everybody,

I'm having trouble to send a pdf file (from sharepoint) as an attachment to an e-mail.
I'm using an array variable to let a Powerapp user choose which pdf he wants to send thanks to a boolean test.

The flow itself works fine but the pdf files inserted in the mail are damaged.
find out that the encoding was in UTF-8 for the damage file. the original file is encoded in ANSI.

there is the same kind of problem here : https://sharepoint.stackexchange.com/questions/265736/flow-sending-mail-attachment-with-bad-encoding

They solved it by not using variables, theythink it's the variable that encode in UTF8 and damage de the file.
But for the sake of my conditional flow i need to use an array variable to be able to attachment different 0 or 1 or 2 or 3 or 4 files to my mail.

correct me if I'm wrong but : In other words, i need to use an array variable that will not encode my file in UTF-8

do you have any idea of how to solve that problem ?

Thank you for your attention,

Tom

ANSI.pngUTF8.pngpower automate visu.png

0 REPLIES 0

Helpful resources

Announcements
PP Bootcamp Carousel

Global Power Platform Bootcamp

Dive into the Power Platform stack with hands-on sessions and labs, virtually delivered to you by experts and community leaders.

secondImage

Power Platform Community Conference On Demand

Watch Nick Doelman's session from the 2020 Power Platform Community Conference on demand!

MPA Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the community blog page where you can find valuable learning material from community and product team members!

Users online (6,341)