cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
irossYVR
Frequent Visitor

Power automate shows HTML in approval notification

Hi all!

When an email notification is sent requesting an approval, the email shows the HTML for the font (in test example below):

Screen Shot 2021-03-16 at 2.45.14 PM.png

How can I get rid of the HTML in the email? Its the first time this has happened to me in Power Automate!

thanks,

Iain Ross

 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @irossYVR , I am not sure if you still have this issue, but I also ran into this in the Approval Flow.

I found that if you add the step for "Html to text" before the Start Approval, you can then use the output of Html to text in the Details section of the approval.

HTMLtoText.png

I also rename the step so that I know which field I am doing this for; often I have more than one MLT field.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Gopala_Krishna
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

@irossYVR 

If you want to convert the HTML to text, there is a conversion action available in power automate called "HTML to Text" this action can help you with converting the html value to a text value.

Gopala_Krishna_0-1615952985801.png

Once you have convert the html to text, you can pass the output of this action to the approval action card and you would be able to see the text.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

if the information shared helps you, please consider giving a thumbs up 👍 and mark solution as resolved

Hi Krishna! Thank you for the tip. 

I have tried to implement this, but im not sure where it should be placed in the flow. Here is the "Start and Wait for Approval" that generates the HTML:

Screen Shot 2021-03-17 at 8.37.06 AM.png

Thanks for your help

Iain

Hi @irossYVR , I am not sure if you still have this issue, but I also ran into this in the Approval Flow.

I found that if you add the step for "Html to text" before the Start Approval, you can then use the output of Html to text in the Details section of the approval.

HTMLtoText.png

I also rename the step so that I know which field I am doing this for; often I have more than one MLT field.

irossYVR
Frequent Visitor

Thank you @cblackl2000  ! I ended up changing the dynamic content from "employee name" to "employee name DisplayName". This eliminated the HTML from the notification email. Im still playing around with the notifications, and I will try your suggestion above.

Best,

iain

irossYVR
Frequent Visitor

Hi All - I also found this video that was helpful 

(450) Removing HTML Tags from Power Automate Approval Emails - YouTube

I am also trying to figure out when I have two fields from my sharepoint list that require converting, but show up in different emails sent to approvers (the third approver in my approval flow is my IT department and more information in included as opposed to the first two approvers)

Helpful resources

Announcements
 WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

Explore the latest innovations, learn from product experts and partners, level up your skillset, and create connections from around the world.

Register for a Free Workshop.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

Users online (1,889)