cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
vjnvinod
Regular Visitor

Power point and excel download using flow or automate

Hi, I am new to power Automate or flows

i have 2 question 1) is it possible with flow or power Automate, i can download power BI dashboard to power Point?

any guidance on this will be really helpful, if a step by step instruction is available that will be really helpul to start with 

2) there is a internal SharePoint for which i don't have full control(as a result i cannot connect power bi to sharepoint) and the only access i have is to download the reports available there.

is it possible to automate the downloading of that report from that SharePoint using power Automate/flow?

if yes, can i get some guidance to try?

5 REPLIES 5
DCReina
Helper II
Helper II

Hello vjninod,

1) https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/consumer/end-user-powerpoint - it is possible to do within the application, yes. However...

2) ...the only trigger/action(s) for Power BI at this point are the following:

AutomateCommunityPowerBI.gif

Since this connector is in Preview, there's a good chance we will get additional actions/triggers in the very near future.

(Please accept any helpful answers!)

@DCReina 

thank you for this

so what you are saying is, its not possible?

the document what you sent to me is that something i am aware on how to go to power BI service and download the reports to power point

what i am asking is, is there anyway i can automate that process of downloading from power BI services reports to power point?

The article shows you how to do the process manually...in other words, I know it's possible? However, since there are only a limited amount of triggers/actions within the Flow connector, I'm unaware of how to accomplish this with the BI connector in its current state.

Now, if you can get that PowerPoint slide into a SharePoint folder, for example, you have myriad options from there to manipulate it...it's just the initial action to get the deck from Power BI that isn't possible with Flow (yet)

(Please mark this answer as accepted if it has been helpful)

thank you so i understand this is not possible.

i actually wanted to setup a PowerPoint generator, so thought of using power BI plus(for power point automation) + flow (to bring power bi reports to power point

Good idea.

Let us know if you get it sorted. Would love to see your solution!

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Users online (2,252)