cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

PowerAutomate generated fields not generating quickly enough and showing up blank in output

Hello all,

I have created a series of flows connected to a SharePoint list for approvals. The first of these flows generates a unique ID Code for each entry in the SharePoint list. After this, I would like to send an approval with the generated ID Code attached so admins can quickly review their previous actions regarding approvals. Both of these flows are triggered when a new item is added to the SharePoint list. My issue is that the ID Number is not generating quickly enough to be used by my subsequent flow. When the approval email is sent, the ID field displays no value. 

I have tested the flow to make sure the error isn't on my behalf, and if I run the flow with test data after the ID has been generated, it works like a charm.

Is there a way to delay my subsequent fields until the ID Field is generated in SharePoint or a defer the secondary flows for a period of time? 

Thanks in advance for any assistance! 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
RobElliott
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous just add a delay control and set it to 30 seconds or a minute or something like that:
delay2.png

Rob
Los Gallardos
If I've answered your question or solved your problem, please mark this question as answered. This helps others who have the same question find a solution quickly via the forum search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. Thanks.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
RobElliott
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous just add a delay control and set it to 30 seconds or a minute or something like that:
delay2.png

Rob
Los Gallardos
If I've answered your question or solved your problem, please mark this question as answered. This helps others who have the same question find a solution quickly via the forum search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. Thanks.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Well I feel silly for not finding that. Thanks for the help. That will definitely do the trick! 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Users online (1,235)