cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cjs321
Helper II
Helper II

Powerapps gallery images to flow to email (attachments)

Hi,

Please can you help me?

How do I get the images from a PowerApps gallery to be picked up by flow and attached to an email, renamed accordingly.

The images are stored in OneDrive.

Please can you help me?

Struggling badly on this 😞

Thankyou 🙂
7 REPLIES 7
yashag2255
Dual Super User II
Dual Super User II

Hi @cjs321 

There are a couple of things you can do here. 

1. You can directly get the images in Flow using the OneDrive connector and put the appropriate filters as condition statements the way you have for your gallery items in SP. 

2. Send the names/ unique identifiers of these images from the PowerApps Gallery to Flow and then get those images and send in the email. 

Hope this Helps!

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

Hi,

The second solution sounds really good!

I don’t suppose you could provide me with a simple flow / the syntax needed to get this to work?

I would change it to make it work with my app?

Thankyou so much for your help! 😊

Hi @yashag2255 ,

Would you be able to help me with this?

The images are stored in a folder called ExpenseData_images

Thankyou 🙂

yashag2255
Dual Super User II
Dual Super User II

Hey @cjs321 

Can you share more details about the structure of the canvas App, like what will be the inputs passed from Canvas App to flow? Do you want to pass the folder name and add all the files in the email attachment or do you want to send the identifier for individual images? If you could share more details about this, we might be able to help you better.

Also, what is in the Items property of the gallery control?

Hope this Helps!

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

Hi @yashag2255 ,

I will be passing text information of each filtered expense from the gallery on the PowerApp (I can get this bit to work fine).

The gallery is called: ViewOwnExpensesGallery

I'd like a button to trigger the flow, and it should extract all images (For the filtered / unfiltered expenses). I'd then like it to pass the images to flow, and attach them to an email.

If it could rename the images, using the Expense Description (i.e Test421.jpg), that would be even better!

Rather than passing all images out of a folder,  i'd like to send the identifier for individual images.

Please see below screenshots of my app / onedrive folder structure :).

Thanks for your help 🙂 

expensesappscreenshot-viewexpense.JPGexpensesappscreenshot-gallery.JPGonedrive folder structure expenses app.JPG

cjs321
Helper II
Helper II

Hi @yashag2255 ,

Any update on this? Sorry for pushing haha but the fact I can’t finger this out his driving me insane!

Every expense created in the app has an Id assigned to it! 1,2,3,4,5 etc it increments by 1 every time!

Thanks 😊

Please can you help me @yashag2255  ?

I still can't figure this out 😕

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

MPA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

Power Automate Designer Feedback_carousel.jpg

Help make Flow Design easier

Are you new to designing flows? What is your biggest struggle with Power Automate Designer? Help us make it more user friendly!

Users online (2,332)