cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
simms7400
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

Powerautomtion to trigger MS Access Sub, Function, Macro?

Hi Folks -

Is there a way to trigger an MS Access Sub, Function or Macro from a flow?  If none of the aforementioned, is there a way to at least open an MS Access DB so I can leverage an AutoExec?

Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3
yashag2255
Dual Super User II
Dual Super User II

Hi @simms7400 

There is no connector available for MS Access right now. If you think this should be added as a feature, you can raise an idea or upvote already existing ones here: https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Power-Automate-Ideas/idb-p/MPAIdeas

One other way you can do this is using Power Shell. You can write a script and that can connect to MS Access and then you can trigger the script from flow through an Azure Automation account. 

Hope this Helps!

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

RobElliott
Super User
Super User

@simms7400 no, there are no Access connectors in Power Automate.

Rob
Los Gallardos
If I've answered your question or solved your problem, please mark this question as answered. This helps others who have the same question find a solution quickly via the forum search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. Thanks.

ScottShearer
Super User
Super User

@simms7400 

As has been mentioned by @RobElliott and @yashag2255 there is no MS Access connector.  Can you explain a little more about your requirement and what you are trying to accomplish?

One option you have is to migrate/export your data to SharePoint and use linked tables in Access - MS Access will do this for you automatically.  Then, since the data lives in SharePoint, you can use Power Automate.  Since you have your Access tables linked to SharePoint, you can still use Access forms, reports, etc..

If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Scott

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Users online (2,401)