cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Prefill form with flow data (form -> flow -> form)

Hi,

Newbie here. Please let me know if the below scenario is possible with forms and flows.

1. User enters couple of fields on the form and clicks a button (not the submit button) to trigger a flow.

2. Flow kicks off a webservice call out and fetches the data from an external service.

3. The other fields in the same form are filled in with the response data from step 2.

4. User submits the form

Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3
Super User III
Super User III

Hi @Karthik1212 

Could you please explain what form  (Custom ASP.net, PHP, Microsoft Forms, etc) you are using here?

Thanks

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Learn more from my blog

Power Automate Video Tutorials

Thanks @abm . I was referring to Microsoft Forms. Sorry for not being specific.

While checking the Microsoft Forms, I got an impression that it is used generally to capture the response from the user and then just submit to kick off further steps like storing to a SharePoint list etc. But, I couldn't find anything which would call an external webservice and come back to the same form before submitting the form. I just wanted to check with the community here if I was looking at the correct toolset for my needs in the first step.

Thanks,

Karthik

Hi @Karthik1212

Unfortunately this is not possible to achieve via forms.

Thanks 

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Learn more from my blog

Power Automate Video Tutorials

Helpful resources

Announcements
PP Bootcamp Carousel

Global Power Platform Bootcamp

Dive into the Power Platform stack with hands-on sessions and labs, virtually delivered to you by experts and community leaders.

secondImage

Power Platform Community Conference On Demand

Watch Nick Doelman's session from the 2020 Power Platform Community Conference on demand!

MPA Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the community blog page where you can find valuable learning material from community and product team members!

Users online (7,154)