cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
DominicX
Level: Powered On

Premium now required for personal Microsoft accounts?

I've been using Flow for over a year to automate aspects of my personal life (and loved it!). Recently I've received this message for my Outlook (personal) and OneDrive (personal) connectors:
Flow1.pngFlow2.png

There's no way for a personal user to upgrade to premium as it's not a business account. Is Flow still meant to be used by MSA accounts or should I switch to IFTTT?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Re: Premium now required for personal Microsoft accounts?

You can sign up with a Microsoft Account.  But if you do you can't use any of the Premium features.  And yes, the regular standalone accounts, which give you access to premium features, does require an Organizational ID.  That is part of the new licensing that was announced on October 1st.

So you can continue to use Flow with an MSA.  But you won't have access to any of the premium features unless you use a licensed account associated with an Office 365 or Dynamics account.

screenshot.jpg

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

The problem is that you have to have a license of some kind to use even the standard connectors.  There is a license included with Office 365 (which would be an organizational account).  But there is no license included with a Microsoft account, so you need to buy one.  What changed on October 1 was that the P1 and P2 licenses went away and the per user license is now a standalone premium license.  So you need either an Office 365 account or a regular PowerApps and Flow license (or trial).  So its not so much that those connectors are premium, but the only license available for Microsoft accounts is the standalone premium license.

DominicX

Thanks for the reply be that doesn't solve the issue. When you click 'Compare Plans' while logged in with a MSA you are taken to a buy now or trial screen. Either option asks you to sign in with an organizational account - impossible for personal scenarios. This creates a dead end for MSA users.

I really find Flow valuable for everyday personal life. Should I continue to use Flow in my personal life or is that not the intent of the product?

Dual Super User
Dual Super User

You can sign up with a Microsoft Account.  But if you do you can't use any of the Premium features.  And yes, the regular standalone accounts, which give you access to premium features, does require an Organizational ID.  That is part of the new licensing that was announced on October 1st.

So you can continue to use Flow with an MSA.  But you won't have access to any of the premium features unless you use a licensed account associated with an Office 365 or Dynamics account.

screenshot.jpg

View solution in original post

Goodman

Sorry, I'm a newbie here. But would a Community Plan fit your needs?

Shane.

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Power Platform Online Conference

Speakers, submit your sessions now! Call for speakers ends Feb. 10!

firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (4,426)