Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
batvan276
Helper II
Helper II

Prevent re-trigger when a file is modified

Hello, 

I am trying to set an a value in a SharePoint document library properties to avoid recursion. I am stuck with an invalid expression in update file properties. I am unsure as to what I am doing wrong. 

I have a SP Doc LB I want Flow to check if (Email Sent1) and (EmailSent2) value is No.

If any is NO it will go through the action and eventually update (Email sent1) and/or (Email Sent2) value to Yes. 

This is to avoid re-triggering notification on any . Can someone help me out please?

2021-02-19_18-58-37.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Gopala_Krishna
Super User
Super User

@batvan276 

The flow will always try to trigger itself when ever there is change that happens which satisfies the trigger condition.

If you want the flow to trigger only at certain times but not all the times, then you can make use of trigger conditions., these will help you to trigger flow only when a condition is met.

For information related to configuring trigger conditions please check the link - Tip : Using Trigger Conditions in Power Automate - Power of Power Platform

You can also make use of the action "Get Changes for an item or file" which will help you retrieve what columns have got modified, based on this you can configure the condition to check only if data in one specific column is modified trigger the flow.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

if the information shared helps you, please consider giving a thumbs up 👍 and mark solution as resolved

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Gopala_Krishna
Super User
Super User

@batvan276 

The flow will always try to trigger itself when ever there is change that happens which satisfies the trigger condition.

If you want the flow to trigger only at certain times but not all the times, then you can make use of trigger conditions., these will help you to trigger flow only when a condition is met.

For information related to configuring trigger conditions please check the link - Tip : Using Trigger Conditions in Power Automate - Power of Power Platform

You can also make use of the action "Get Changes for an item or file" which will help you retrieve what columns have got modified, based on this you can configure the condition to check only if data in one specific column is modified trigger the flow.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

if the information shared helps you, please consider giving a thumbs up 👍 and mark solution as resolved

View solution in original post

So I decided to try some trigger conditions ; 

@equals(triggerBody()?['Status']?['Value'], 'Resolved')

@equals(triggerBody()?['Modified By']?['DisplayName'], 'mydisplayname')

I basically want it to only trigger when field under Status = Resolved and field under Modified by = Mydisplayname . It won't trigger when I make the change.  

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

V3_PVA CAmpaign Carousel.png

Community Challenge - Giveaways!

Participate in the Power Virtual Agents Community Challenge

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

R2 (Green) 768 x 460px.png

Microsoft Dynamics 365 & Power Platform User Professionals

DynamicsCon is a FREE, 4 half-day virtual learning experience for 11,000+ Microsoft Business Application users and professionals.

Users online (2,045)