cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Problem with Word Revision Bars and converting to PDF

Hello,

I have a flow that converts the selected document (from a SharePoint library) to PDF and emails it to me.  The flow works and I receive the PDF in my email.  My problem is that my document uses Track Changes and specifically Revision Bars to indicate what parts of the document is changed.  These revision bars are not in the PDF after conversion.

How can I get a PDF with revision bars of the word document using Power Automate?

Thank you

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Super User II
Super User II

Re: Problem with Word Revision Bars and converting to PDF

Hi @mburris 

Are you using the OneDrive connector to perform the PDF conversion?

It might be that you need to check out the third party connectors... the Encodian 'Convert to PDF' action can be configured to keep or remove tracked changes / comments:

2.png

The difference in output is shown below:1.png

HTH

Jay

Highlighted

@Jay-EncodianYes, I'm using the OneDrive connector to convert the file to PDF.

I have a question about the Encodian connector you mentioned.  In this example, to get the revision bars, I would select NO under Remove Markup.  How does the Encodian connector handle this option?  For example, in my document I have customized the Advanced Track Changes Options to the following:

Insertions:  (none)

Deletions:  Hidden

Changed Lines:  Outside Border

These options provide me with only the revision bars for the changes.  It does not strikethrough and color the text for deleted items, etc.  

Would the Encodian connector default to the document's Track Changes Options or would it default to showing all of the changes, as shown in your example (with the text colored red and strikethrough)?

Thank you

Highlighted
Super User II
Super User II

Hi @mburris 

At the moment it either shows all of the changes, comments, etc. or it shows the final document with all markup etc. removed.

My understanding of changing the tracked change adv options is that this not changing the document just how the markup is viewed in the document... which would allow another user to look at the same document with differing options.

HTH

Jay

Highlighted

@Jay-Encodian 

Thank you for the information.  Unfortunately, that won't work in my situation.

I did some testing, and when I convert a document to PDF using Word, it will show the markup using the display options I selected in Advanced Track Changes Options. So for right now, I will have to use this manual process instead of an automated flow.

Thank you again.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

Upcoming Events

Experience what’s next for Power Automate

See the latest Power Automate innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Users online (5,662)