Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
flavioPBadmin
Helper I
Helper I

Problem with dates in Microsoft Flow and Excel

Hi everyone!

I am getting this error on a flow (i'll post the images first and then explain it):

ErrorError

It happens in this flow:

Screenshot (74).png

Screenshot (76).png

Screenshot (77).png

The objective of this flow is to shot a message when a date in a table is equal or greater than today.

As you can see the flow seems to make sense, the data matches, but the only problem is that it treats the excel serial date as a string. Is there a way to convert the dates of each row into an interger, so I could then do a "greater than or equal to"?

Any help would be appreciated!

Best regards,

Flávio Neto

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

@flavioPBadmin  are you comparing time too? if not use one option date format-ISO in list row present in a table.

and then use utcnow('yyyy-MM-dd) in your compose for comparison. 

Please 'Thumbs Up' the posts that helped you and 'Accept as Solution' if my post answered your question.

@Hardesh /Gopenly.in

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Hardesh15
Super User
Super User

@flavioPBadmin  How do you know which one is string? Inside apply to each use one more compose and pass your excel date column. Pls share output.

Please 'Thumbs Up' the posts that helped you and 'Accept as Solution' if my post answered your question.

@Hardesh /Gopenly.in

flavioPBadmin
Helper I
Helper I

Hi @Hardesh15,

I am 99% sure that it is the excel date. I tried to do "int(items('Apply_to_each_3')?['Outcome Date'])" to convert but I get this error:

Screenshot (78).png

Is there a way of knowing for sure which one is a interger and which one is a string?

flavioPBadmin
Helper I
Helper I

I also tried

int(item()?['Outcome Date'])

with the same error.

@flavioPBadmin  are you comparing time too? if not use one option date format-ISO in list row present in a table.

and then use utcnow('yyyy-MM-dd) in your compose for comparison. 

@Hardesh /Gopenly.in

flavioPBadmin
Helper I
Helper I

This might be a bit of topic, but I added a compose to get a more readable date and got this error:

InvalidTemplate. Unable to process template language expressions in action 'Compose_2' inputs at line '0' and column '0': 'The template language function 'formatDateTime' expects its first parameter to be of type string. The provided value is of type 'Null'. Please see https://aka.ms/logicexpressions#formatdatetime for usage details.'.

The compse expression is
formatDateTime(items('Apply_to_each_3')?['Outcome Date'],'dd-MM-yyyy')

Any ideas of what I might be doing wrong?

@flavioPBadmin  Pls check if there is blank column value in excel. 

@Hardesh /Gopenly.in

That was not the problem, but nor worries, I've tried to go about another way.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

New Ideas Forum MPA.jpg

A new place to submit your Ideas for Power Automate

Announcing a new way to share your feedback with the Power Automate Team.

MPA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

MPA Licensing.jpg

Ask your licensing questions at the Power Automate AMA!

Join Priya Kodukula and the licensing team, super users and MVPs to find answers to your questions on Power Automate licensing.

Users online (3,777)