cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ChadVKealey
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

Problem with links included in messages sent using "Mail" Connector

I frequently use the "Mail" connector's "Send an email notification (V3)" action to send emails in the flows I build.

ChadVKealey_0-1608643093323.png

Often, those messages include links (to items or files in SharePoint, to a Power Apps app, or just to a website). Since sometime over the weekend, clicking any of those links results in the user seeing this message:

ChadVKealey_1-1608643128855.png

I'm guessing that at some point recently, someone reported a message sent through this action as suspicious. This is one of the risks of using a service account that literally millions of other people have access to, I guess. In any case, is this a known issue, and is there anything being done about it? I use this action in cases where it's not appropriate to use the end-user's Outlook connection since it's the simplest method for sending an email without a specific user's connection.

2 REPLIES 2
VictorIvanidze
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

Hi @ChadVKealey, have a look at ModifyNotification flow. 

That's interesting, but still appears to send from the same MS-managed service account. So, I don't think it would make a difference in terms of the issue I was seeing.

However, it looks like those links are opening normally again, so I guess the account/address rolled off of whatever blacklist it was on. I spent a good chunk of time in recent weeks replacing most instances of the Mail "Send an email notification (V3)" action with a SharePoint "Send an HTTP request" action to send the necessary messages. I really wish I had known about that option earlier.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Process Advisor

Introducing Process Advisor

Check out the new Process Advisor community forum board!

MPA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

MBAS on Demand

Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions

On-demand access to all the great content presented by the product teams and community members! #MSBizAppsSummit #CommunityRocks

MBAS Attendee Badge

Claim Your Badge & Digital Swag!

Check out how to claim yours today!

Users online (30,220)