cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Marc_Gerner
Advocate II
Advocate II

Problems creating records with the Dynamics NAV / Dynamics Business Central connector

Hi all,

I'm trying to use Power Automate to fetch some basic data from Dynamics NAV and Dynamics Business Central to visualize in a canvas app. Both connectors are in preview, but there does not seem to be any changes/ updates since I've first tried these connectors about a year ago. 

There are several issues:

- When custom api's are build into Business Central, these are not available in the connector. Is looks like only the default set of api's is available and metadata is not fetched from the instance. This also applies to new 

- When creating a new record, it's not possible to set the primary key fields. They are simply not available in the connector and therefore new records can not be created in some cases. For instance a new Sales Line record can not be created, since you need to set the parent Sales Header. Those fields are primary key fields and cannot be set.

- Bound actions are common used in Dynamics NAV / Business Central API's but they do not appear as option in the connectors.

Maybe I'm missing something here and it's all available but I don't know how to use it. If so, please let me know how I can do this. If not, than help me find the right person (product manager) within MSFT so we might provide some feedback directly to the right person.

Thanks!

Marc

2 REPLIES 2
janglesea
Helper I
Helper I

I echo a lot of what you’re saying here. I’ve found the HTTP connector to be a good substitute as you can use the standard api calls and the documentation is way better. I typically use the BC connector for event triggers on the tables that is enabled for. Outside of that I am a frequent creator of custom connectors for api pages I’ve created or I use odata in conjunction with the http connector.

Check out the business central teams “office hours” webinars. They did one recently around the power platform connector. I believe it’s wave 1 2021 that some improvements come in but it’s a selective list.

Marc_Gerner
Advocate II
Advocate II

I've send an email @SameerCh . Let's hope he's able to help us out 🙂

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

MPA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

Power Automate Designer Feedback_carousel.jpg

Help make Flow Design easier

Are you new to designing flows? What is your biggest struggle with Power Automate Designer? Help us make it more user friendly!

Users online (1,808)