Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
NigelP Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

Problems with Filters

Hi

I am using the Get Items action.

I am trying to use a filter :-

equals(['Test-Text-Record-ID'],['Identifier'])

I have also tried equals(['Test-Text-Record-ID'], String(['Identifier']))

Where Test-Text-Record-ID is a text column (field) in my list and Identifier is the ID column.

When I hit OK when creating the expression I get an error "This Site says Invalid Expression", but it does not say what is wrong.

What is wrong with my filter ?

Could we have better diagnostics please ?

Regards

Nigel

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Re: Problems with Filters

Hi @NigelP,

Could you please share a screenshot of your flow's configuration?

Do you add a "Get items" action of SharePoint connector within your flow?

Further, how do you filter items from the output of the "Get items" action? Using OData query within Filter Query field of the "Get items" action or adding a "Filter array" action to filter items?

If you want to filter items from the output of the "Get items" action using OData query within Filter Query field of the "Get items" action, I afraid that there is no way to achieve your needs in Microsoft Flow currently.

If you want to filter items from the output of the "Get items" action via adding a "Filter array" action, please take a try with the following workaround:

• Add a proper trigger, here I use Flow Button trigger.
  • Add a "Get items" action, specify Site Address and List Name.
  • Add a "Filter array" action, From set to output of the "Get items" action. Within Condition box, left input box set to Test-Text-Record-ID dynamic content of the "Get items" action, right input box set to following formula:
string(item()?['ID'])

10.JPG

Or you could click "Edit in advanced mode", type the following formula:

@equals(item()?['Test_x002d_Text_x002d_Record_x00'], string(item()?['ID']))

11.JPG

Note: The Test-Text-Record-ID column is a Single line of text type column in my SharePoint list. 

Image reference:9.JPG

The flow works successfully as below:12.JPG

Best regards,

Kris

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Re: Problems with Filters

Hi @NigelP,

Could you please share a screenshot of your flow's configuration?

Do you add a "Get items" action of SharePoint connector within your flow?

Further, how do you filter items from the output of the "Get items" action? Using OData query within Filter Query field of the "Get items" action or adding a "Filter array" action to filter items?

If you want to filter items from the output of the "Get items" action using OData query within Filter Query field of the "Get items" action, I afraid that there is no way to achieve your needs in Microsoft Flow currently.

If you want to filter items from the output of the "Get items" action via adding a "Filter array" action, please take a try with the following workaround:

• Add a proper trigger, here I use Flow Button trigger.
  • Add a "Get items" action, specify Site Address and List Name.
  • Add a "Filter array" action, From set to output of the "Get items" action. Within Condition box, left input box set to Test-Text-Record-ID dynamic content of the "Get items" action, right input box set to following formula:
string(item()?['ID'])

10.JPG

Or you could click "Edit in advanced mode", type the following formula:

@equals(item()?['Test_x002d_Text_x002d_Record_x00'], string(item()?['ID']))

11.JPG

Note: The Test-Text-Record-ID column is a Single line of text type column in my SharePoint list. 

Image reference:9.JPG

The flow works successfully as below:12.JPG

Best regards,

Kris

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

New Ranks and Rank Icons released on April 21!

The time has come: We are finally able to share more details on the brand-new ranks coming to the Power Automate Community!

firstImage

Now Live: Power Virtual Agents Community!

We are excited to announce the launch of Power Virtual Agents Community. Check it out now!

firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Community Summit North America

The top training and networking event across the globe for Microsoft Business Applications

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (8,202)