cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
yhlow
Level: Powered On

Process with get some excel row to sharepoint list when the excel is update/upload.

Hi,

Need some help for the flow, as thinking to have the flow to detect the file name and then process it with copy the row data to sharepoint list automaticall when the excel file change or uploaded.

1. user every month save the excel file with some date identified manually (ABC - Mar'2018) and uploaded to sharepoint document library folder.

2. once the flow detect the file name ABC, 

3. the flow start to fire to get the ABC - Mar'2018, if thats a similar file name like ABC - Jan'2018, ABC - Feb'2018. 

4. will look for the latest uploaded/modifed date of the file name with ABC

5. so this case ABC - Mar'2018 is the latest, flow will take the file and process with get some row from the excel table.

6. and then save all the row data into the sharepoint list, sure here another condition to check and update the updated data from the row getting, let said i need the row called country and country rating.

7. the rating from the excel file may change monthly but not all country rating are change, so the flow have to check the updated country and updated into the sharepoint list.

i'm new to the flow, not sure anyone can help?

Thanks,

YH Low

3 REPLIES 3
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Process with get some excel row to sharepoint list when the excel is update/upload.

Hi @yhlow,

Could you please share more details about the your uploaded Excel file?

Is the data of your uploaded Excel file formatted as a table?

Do you want to get rows from the latest uploaded Excel file which is stored in your SharePoint library?

I suppose that you want to get rows from the uploaded Excel file using Excel File Name Dynamic content, is it true? If you want to get rows from the latest uploaded Excel file using Excel File Name Dynamic content, I afraid that there is no way to achieve your needs in Microsoft Flow currently.

Currently, we could use the "List rows present in a table" action of Excel Online (Business) connector to get rows from the Excel file stored in your SharePoint library. But we could only select the Excel file stored in SharePoint library manually within File field of "List rows present in a table" action, we could not specify a Dynamic content within File field of the "List rows present in a table" action.

Specifying a Dynamic content within File field of the "List rows present in a table" action of Excel Online (Business) connector is not supported in Microsoft Flow currently, if you would like this feature to be added in Microsoft Flow, please submit an idea to Flow Ideas Forum:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Flow-Ideas/idb-p/FlowIdeas

More details about Excel Online (Business) connector, please check the following article:

Excel Online (Business) connector

Best regards,

Kris

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
yhlow
Level: Powered On

Re: Process with get some excel row to sharepoint list when the excel is update/upload.

Countryrisk.jpg

Hi @v-xida-msft

Thanks for your response.

1. sample screenshot of the excel file as above.

2. yes, the excel file formatted as a table

3. thats right, i need to get some rows from the excel file thats uploaded into sharepoint library.

4. the file name is some char is fix and i may be use the date to idenetify the latest file. is that a logic to check the same first 3 chars of the filename and check the latest date. then the flow will use that file?

5. once get that files, how can use the flow read the rows and save it into sharepoint list? 

ChadVKealey
Level 10

I'm trying to use the "List rows present in a table" action along with an action to create items in a SharePoint list, but there seems to be an issue. The workbook (and list) have many columns (50+, I believe), and when I get to mapping the 33rd row, there is no more dynamic data to use. Here's a short video showing what I mean. 

So, there is some limit here that I'm hitting, and I think it's the Excel action, although maybe the SharePoint "create list item" action stops after 32 columns.

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Power Platform Online Conference

Join us for the first ever Power Platform Online Conference!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

Look out for new contribution recognition badges coming SOON!

firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Users online (4,743)