Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
baessa
Helper I
Helper I

Processing emails

Hello,

I am new in Power Automate. I need some support on processing emails.

I would like to process the emails sent from Veeam once a day (once the backup window has finished) and ensure we have 2 success emails for each job (one for the main backup job and one for the replication job.

We want o get an email daily that will query at certain time to find out whether the jobs have been completed and its status.

EX. I have 12 jobs and from those 12 jobs I would need to have one email stating those 12 jobs and saying that those jobs have been completed successfully, have warnings or some critical. this is for the backup and replication jobs.

job 1 = back successfuly completed  or warning or critical

job 2 = back successfuly completed or warning or critical

job 3 = back successfuly completed or warning or critical

job 4 = back successfuly completed or warning or critical

job 5 = back successfuly completed or warning or critical

job 6 = back successfuly completed or warning or critical

job 7 = back successfuly completed or warning or critical

job 8 = back successfuly completed or warning or critical

job 9 = back successfuly completed or warning or critical

job 10 = back successfuly completed or warning or critical

job 11 = back successfuly completed or warning or critical

job 12 = back successfuly completed or warning or critical

This is for the backup and replication jobs.

Could I have some support on how to create this automation in power automation please and what steps to take?

Thank you,

5 REPLIES 5
Django
MVP

Hi @baessa, do I understand correctly that you are already receiving an email?

Have you seen the video Re: Extract and parse data from an email - Page 5 - Power Platform Community (microsoft.com) with the example flow to get information from an email that is in HTML?

In this concept it is very important to discover the consistent structure of the email and see if you can extract the information in an automated way that never fails.

1-Have you already create a Power Automate Flow that triggers on the receiving of that mail?
(even an empty flow with no actual meaningful actions is ok --> just want to know if you understand that concept)

2-Can you post the content of an actual email (in HTML just like in the video) in here for us?

Hi @Django ,

I have tested when a new email arrives but after researching how I could do it I am afraid that I am misunderstanding the concepts.

This is what I have

baessa_0-1637336810849.png

Ok that is a good start!

Please note that with the Get email action, you are retrieving multiple emails.

In the Apply to each loop, you therefore see 25 iterations. To increase performance of your flow (and shorten your waiting time while testing) you can add filter parameters to your Get emails action. In the filter you make sure to only get one email (with a specific subject or coming from specific sender etc).

Can you share the HTML to text action output with us?

HI @Django ,

Yes I am aware of that as I need it to check for 27 emails. I know that this will have to run twice a day as it only triggers maximum of 25 emails.

This is what I have:

baessa_0-1637659597433.png

I think I may have to change it and add some variables.

Any recommendations?

Django
MVP

Because it can be very specific for your example: can you share the actual output of your HTML to text action so we can see the actual HTML body of your email?

You are already splitting this body into Lines? Also share information like that so we can get a full picture of what you already have based on real data 👍

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

Microsoft Build 768x460.png

Microsoft Build is May 24-26. Have you registered yet?

Come together to explore latest innovations in code and application development—and gain insights from experts from around the world.

May UG Leader Call Carousel 768x460.png

What difference can a User Group make for you?

At the monthly call, connect with other leaders and find out how community makes your experience even better.

PA Survey Carousel Image.png

We want to hear from you!

If you are a small business ISV/Reseller, share your thoughts with our research team.

Users online (2,921)